HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: DVD/RW for Dell OptiPlex G110

I'd get the LG GH22 one.  Smiley
colintivy
Rising Star

Had a quick dash through eBay, no LG IDE Drives listed.  Pioneer,  Richo & Phillips are but no datails of size.
Where do you find the LG GH22s?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that's not right as I am watching two for myself already.   Shocked
If you enter "gh22lp20" in the eBay search you will currently get three items listed, and then if you also tick the 'Include description' box you will get four listed !   Roll_eyes
To give you a sporting chance I won't bid against you until you report back that you have won one, as I am currently only interested for future projects which aren't that urgent at the moment   Wink
HPsauce
Pro

I just found 6 in the UK searching for "lg ide gh22" on eBay UK.  Shocked
colintivy
Rising Star

Thanks lads,
HP variety of search text was the better option. It seems that the system is a bit case-sensitive because I tried several possibilities but used LG as a starting point. I did get roughly in the right area but no LG stuff there.
All is well that ends well, I have bought (I hope) a new device in a retail, unopened box, a bit above those bargain basement ones. I detect that there is a slight difference between the model numbers, those with an L in them look as though they are Lightscribe versions, those with an N are Nero styles possibly. I use Nero so plumped for an N one, thus purleigh may proceed with his quest without taking me into account but thanks anyway.
 Cheesy
HPsauce
Pro

I generally buy the ones with Nero, as I use it quite a bit and you usually get a newer version.
I think over the years I've insinuated LG drives into all my (and my family's) PC's and put the latest Nero on them - the LG versions seems to work with any old LG drive of whatever age, but not other brands as it's "locked" in some way.
colintivy
Rising Star

@ purleigh
See my reply to HP today, you might have missed my comment intended for you. Press on with your search for DVD RWs. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update  Cool