cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting router to LG smart TV

Ade1
Dabbler

Connecting router to LG smart TV

Hello there I'm a new plusnet customer and I'm trying to connect the router via Ethernet cable provided to my LG smart TV its a 2012 3D smart TV model number 42LM615T but I'm getting nowhere never done this with the tv before Ethernet cables are in correctly and the tv is saying it is connected but I can't get anything on it nothing is happening. Please could someone help me as I really want to get Netflix up and running.
Thank you for any help.
24 REPLIES 24
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Connecting router to LG smart TV

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Ade1
Dabbler

I'm lost how does a quotation help with my issue?
Mav

@Ade1

I moved your thread from General Chat to the Tech Help board where you are more likely to get a helpful response.

As per our usual procedures I left a Moderator's note as way of explaining my actions.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Ade1
Dabbler

Thank you for your help. Just through me with "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still" just had no idea what this was for on the message received. Thanks again for taking the time to reply. 👍
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Hello Ade1,

This may help if you have not done it already. I Googled 'Connecting router to smart LG TV.'

There is quite a lot of Information on various sites. LG do their own support guide.

I sympathise - my TV is connected via WiFi through a set top box and I recently lost connection with the router. It took me quite a while to reconnect again.

Good luck.

Ade1
Dabbler

Hi thank you for your reply I have been through the internet follow a few processes with no luck. Thank you though.
Mav

@Ade1

That is part of my signature (it appears below the dotted line) and not part of the post itselfWink

Ade1
Dabbler

Hi I've noticed the internet searches for how to connect say press the smart button on the remote. There is no smart button on the remote but the tv is a smart tv 42" LG 3D smart TV its a 2012 model and is a fantastic TV which we have had since new I'm lost with what to do. 😞
Ade1
Dabbler

Lol thanks that explains that. 😄
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

wrote:
Hi I've noticed the internet searches for how to connect say press the smart button on the remote. There is no smart button on the remote but the tv is a smart tv 42" LG 3D smart TV its a 2012 model and is a fantastic TV which we have had since new I'm lost with what to do. 😞

It sounds as though you have not got the correct remote unit.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Ade1
Dabbler

Hello thanks for your comment about the remote it is the correct remote for the tv as the model number is inside the battery cover matching the tv. But thanks.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

There should be a menu, or settings on the tv which you can access via your remote.

Once in that menu there should be something which says network connections, from there you have to enter the code for your router to get access.

I have a LG tv but it's a more recent model so I am basing my answer on that.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Ade1
Dabbler

Thank you I have been through the settings as you stated, it doesn't ask for my router password though it takes me to a screen that I can either choose auto or manual. I've just ran a test and attached a photo of the message displayed.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

If the model number (42LM615T) is correct, it's not a Smart TV, the next model up (620) is.

Have a look at the comments on Amazon.