cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast Audio Constantly disconnecting

tleman

Chromecast Audio Constantly disconnecting

Hi Guys,

I moved from BT to plusnet a while ago and ever since have had real problems with using the chromecast audio.

Previously it worked seamlessly, with no problems.

Now it struggles to stay connected to spotify on my phone, constantly dropping connection and unable to reconnect.

The chromecast then also disappears from the available devices, meaning I can't even try to reconnect.

Any help much appreciated as it's driving me up the wall.

With Thanks

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Chromecast Audio Constantly disconnecting

This is quite an old post so you may have sorted your issue.

I had a similar problem a little while ago and needed to call on Spotify support to sort it. I strongly suspect the issue is Spotify rather than the Chromecast Audio. Take a look on the spotify community boards for some more info

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-Chromecast-Audio-Connection-Keeps-Dropping-P...

Another work around is to install Logitech media Server V8

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/index.php?ver=8.0

You will need to add some plugins .The Spotty and Chromecast third party plugins which allows you to stream spotify to the Chromecast audio. this has the added benefit of a better quality stream at a higher bit rate, but is a bit of a chore to set up and of course you need to have the server running somewhere. I have it on a Windows 10 PC that's usually switched on during the day when i need it.

Hope you get it sorted as this sort of thing can be maddening

tleman

Sadly it's not just Spotify. I probably should of made that clearer in my original post.

Any app that I use struggles to keep connection and often google home won't maintain the connection and I have to fiddle around connecting and disconnecting from the wi-fi.

It only started being an issue after moving to plus-net, hence my concern it's something with that rather than the app.

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Very odd. I can't see how it would be the internet connection but who knows. I have 2 Cca's and a regular Chromecast on the TV which all seem to function OK across both the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi, and I have been a Plusnet customer on various products since 2006. I've never found tinkering with the chromecasts too much help but always go for a factory reset by holding down the small button until the tiny led goes white.