cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG3150 wireless access issues

MisterLister

Canon MG3150 wireless access issues

I've currently got a Plusnet  TG582n wireless router which I have no problems with any devices connecting to automatically via the wireless key.

However, I now have a Canon MG3150 printer that I can't print to although it appears as 'Active' on my device list.  I've been through both full wireless set up (via the WPS button which seemed to pair fine with no error codes very quickly) and connected via USB.  After trying this several times my laptop kept telling me that it couldn't find the printer via the router and the installation didn't complete.

If I go in to the device settings on the router itself, I can see the printer and its MAC address and IP address match the ones I get if I print out the configuration sheet from the printer itself.

If I turn it on it also shows up as 'Active' on the device list but I can't get either my laptop to print to it (its says its inactive in the print queue) or I can't detect it at all with my tablet (via the Canon Print Service App)

I can print via USB to the printer as a last resort from my laptop but it means I have to transfer anything I want printed to it from our tablets

Any help greatly appreciated as its driving me mad ....

4 REPLIES 4
MisterLister

Re: Canon MG3150 wireless access issues

and to add  a bit more info...

If I look in the event logs its stating that:

LOGIN wireless station [xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx] can't get authorized

With the bit in brackets matching the MAC address for the printer

On that basis it would appear that the router isn't getting the correct key from the printer even though it was set up with the WPS button which shouldn't require the key when it goes through that process?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Router to Tech Help

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Have you got a CDrom for the installation ?   if so , maybe best to go through that process to ensure that you have the correct driver(s) installed....

You could try uninstalling the printer first.... and then use the USB cable connection, to get your computer to "find" the printer and install the driver(s)...

(suggest power off the computer, and the printer.... plug in printer to usb.... then power up the printer, then boot up the computer..)

Then see how (if) the wifi will find it and connect from then onwards.

MisterLister

I've not got CD as its an old printer I've inherited but have downloaded the latest drivers from Canon's website. 

The computer does find the printer via the USB during the process but the installation wizard then tries to look for it via the router and fails every time, probably due to not being autorized

I'll try an uninstall of the drivers but they do seem to be working OK if I just use the USB direct

Thanks for the help