cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get a Wi-Fi connection on my Acer Iconia One 8 Android Tablet

Criztal

Cannot get a Wi-Fi connection on my Acer Iconia One 8 Android Tablet

Hello members, I am new here & this is my first post to this forum.  Please can anyone offer advice?  Just over a year ago I purchased an Acer Iconia One 8 Android Tablet.  I never had any problems making a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet.  Then, 2 nights ago, the connection dropped and the message came up 'you are no longer online - check Internet connections'.  There does not seem to be a problem with my connection, via PlusNet, to my desktop PC.  Phoned PlusNet and they said it might be the tablet device but directed me to their help section about checking connections and changing channels etc to make sure.  Have not tried this yet - wondered if a forum member has any more advice or managed to solve same problem with this sort of device.  When I check 'settings' on the tablet, [Removed] comes up.  When I tap on this and enter my Wi-Fi password it comes up 'saved' then 'connecting' then Wi-Fi Connection Failure.  To the left of this is the green Wi-Fi symbol with a padlock symbol over it.  Have tried re-entering password and re-connecting several times but this does not work.  Have no idea what to do next.  Would be very grateful if any member has any useful suggestions.  Many thanks!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): SSID removed from a public forum.

2 REPLIES 2
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Cannot get a Wi-Fi connection on my Acer Iconia One 8 Android Tablet

I have an Acer Acer Iconia Tab 8 A1-840FHD and never experienced what you are describing.

Could it be an IP conflict with another device?

Have you tried 'forgetting' the current WiFi settings and re-entering them?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Cannot get a Wi-Fi connection on my Acer Iconia One 8 Android Tablet

I hate to say this but are you sure you have entered the correct WiFi password?  The password is case sensitive.

Sometimes there are compatibility issues between UK routers that use wireless channels 1 to 13 and devices that think they are in the USA where they only use channels 1 to 11.  You router is probably set to pick its own channel and if it decided to switch to channel 12 or 13 that might explain why you lost the connection.

Or the wireless adaptor on your device might have a fault,  See if it will connect to some other wireless network.