cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect my Cannon Pixma MG6650 to Router.

JD072015

I am trying to get my Cannon Pixma to print using my Wireless Network.
My Router is a Netgear N300. I am running Win Ten Pro 64.
The Printer works other than the Wireless part.

I cant print or scan from the Printer to the PC via my Router.
Help Please!
16 REPLIES 16
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Can't connect my Cannon Pixma MG6650 to Router.

Cannon printers can be a bit hit and miss setting them up for the network. You can't switch from ethernet (cable) to wireless without using the CD. Despite the ip address and all that jazz being the same, if you switch the printer from one to the other and then try to connect to it from your pc, it just won't do it - the setup CD does some black magic in there somewhere.
Anyhow, drop the CD into your computer and follow the instructions there. Thats about all anyone here can say to you given the highly detailed description of the problem you have given.
Oh and windows 10.. are you sure there is a driver for your device for that operating system?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Canon have release Windows 10 software for the Pixma range, I use it for my MG3250 on Windows 10 without issue.
Software can be found at http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_seri...
As for how to set it up use http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg6350_prin...
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
JD072015

I have tried already 7up but it wont detect the Printer on the Network even if try what the Cannon Software says to do. Im sure its for Win Ten as its from this link: http://www.canon.co.uk/su...s=WINDOWS%2010%20(64-bit)
At this rate it will be going back to Argos i only got it on Sat!
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Is the printer on your network? You can check if you go into your router settings page and list the connected devices (each router is different on how to get there)
If it's listed as a connected device, try disabling your firewall on the computer and see if it see's the printer.
If not, then you need to connect your printer to the network, either by manually typing in your WPA password on the printer or if it supports it, using WPS.
JD072015

Quote from: minkey
Is the printer on your network? You can check if you go into your router settings page and list the connected devices (each router is different on how to get there)
If it's listed as a connected device, try disabling your firewall on the computer and see if it see's the printer.
If not, then you need to connect your printer to the network, either by manually typing in your WPA password on the printer or if it supports it, using WPS.

No, its not on the Network. See the above post. I have and it does not work.
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

OK, so everything you need to do, will probably have to be done on the printer itself.
Looking at the manual, there is a connection you need to do to get it on the network. Have you followed the steps?
http://www.manualsprinter.com/manuals/canon/Canon_PIXMA_MG6650.pdf
It involved typing in your wireless password once you have found your routers SSID.
JD072015

Nope, printer wont install still not show on Network.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Are you able to use a wired connection into a PC?
It will be more reliable than a wireless connection to the printer, anyway.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

JD072015

Quote from: vilefoxdemonofdoom
Are you able to use a wired connection into a PC?
It will be more reliable than a wireless connection to the printer, anyway.

Yes, it works fine that way. I bought it to use Wireless though.
I am going to take it back to Argos on Sat and see if they will give me my money back.
JD072015

I am trying to get my Cannon Pixma to print using my Wireless Network.
But the printer wont install and says its not found on the Network List. My Router is a Netgear N300.
I am running Win Ten Pro 64 and i have the correct driver from Cannon.
It says it has found the connection on the printer but the printer does not show up in Windows Devices and Printers.
I cant print or scan from the Printer to the PC.
Cannon said do this:
First please press the HOME button:
    Select ‘Setup’ and press OK
    Select ‘Device Settings’ and press OK
    Select ‘LAN Settings’ and press OK
    Select ‘WLAN Setup’ and press OK
    Select other connection methods and select ‘Standard’
    Select your access point
    Enter your password and connect
The password is located on the back of your router.
Once you have connected your printer to the wireless network, please download and install the drivers on every computer you would like to use with your printer, select the wireless connection method in order to print wirelessly.
The link for the drivers were sent to you in a previous email.
I go through all the Cannon Setup Programe and it detects the Access Point but when it get to the end of the Setup with the Printers on Network list it is not on it.
I have tried what it says to do if the Setup can't find it clicking Next, Update, Setting printer could not be found on the list. It still will not work.
I have ran a Program called Advanced IP Scanner. It shows My Router, Network Adapter, Ipad, Cannon Printer the IP's and MAC Address.
When i Ping the Printer from the Program i get: Request Timed Out, Packets Sent = 4 Received = 0 Lost = 4 100% Loss.

Its still not working.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

When you entered al the details on the printer, did the printer display "Connected to the access point" after you had entered your wifi password?
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Does Windows have an equivalent to the 'arp' command (address resolution protocol)?
This shows the cache of local ip addresses etc
This is a method by which the router periodically broadcasts on your local network.
Each device responds with its MAC address - this allows the router to establish a session with the device.
BTW I have no wireless printers.  Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

JD072015

Quote from: georgelnx
When you entered al the details on the printer, did the printer display "Connected to the access point" after you had entered your wifi password?

Yes it did.
JD072015

Quote from: vilefoxdemonofdoom
Does Windows have an equivalent to the 'arp' command (address resolution protocol)?
This shows the cache of local ip addresses etc
This is a method by which the router periodically broadcasts on your local network.
Each device responds with its MAC address - this allows the router to establish a session with the device.
BTW I have no wireless printers.  Cheesy

I have no clue lol. Anyone?