cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache update problem?

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Cache update problem?

I have been accessing a database on the web, and found what I thought were errors so I contacted the database owner and asked about it. Turns out I was right so he has corrected it. However, no matter what I do, when I look at this database I still get the old information. I've tried using the "reload this page" symbol, but it makes no difference, I still get the incorrect data version. I've even gone into the database from Google by doing a search then selecting it but again no update even when using the "reload" symbol.

Is there some way I can access the updated database that I don't seem to know about?

Thanks for any help

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Cache update problem?

@penneck 

Try clearing your browser cache or try a different browser.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Hello Baldrick1,

How do I clear the browser cache? I've tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer, but over the years I have used both of these for accessing this database

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@penneck 

For Chrome:  https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

For IE (Yuk!): https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clear-the-cache-in-internet-explorer-2624707

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Hello @Baldrick1 ,

Have tried both of your processes (Chrome and IE11). Unfortunately neither have changed my ability to access the updated database. I'm beginning to wonder if the owner may have made a mistake, i.e. updated the database but either not saved it or saved it and not uploaded it to the web (or whatever he is supposed to do when he edits the database. I will get back to him and ask

Cheers

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

When trying to delete a site from History, Firefox provides an option called Forget About This Site; that seemed to treat me as a first-time visitor when I (accidentally) used it once.