Did you mean: 

CANON MG6851 printer problem

FIXED
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: CANON MG6851 printer problem

@Mook wrote:

@shutter - Do not use normal WD40 on the printer, or indeed any printer for that matter, what you need is silicone spray like this one : https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KPUBRJ8

No criticism @Mook , just an observation, in case anybody wishes to buy it, the product at your link is £9.69 for 250ml, but the same stuff is available @£7.99 for 400ml, both dispatched and sold by Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD40D-N-A-WD-40-Silicone/dp/B006UCNI38/ref=bmx_1?pd_rd_w=7JmBR&pf_rd_p=8814...

Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Agreed.. don't use WD40. Its not a lubricant.
The printer bar will have been lubricated with either a silcone or PTFE. WD40 will wash that off and ruin any lubrication component.
It's unlikely that the fault is mechanical but far more likely that its a driver/linux issue. A good google and relevant forum search is likely to be the best way forward.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Bogbody  Hmm... highly unlikely.... as the printer works for two pages... THEN slows down,... which. indicates to me an electronic component failure, as mentioned in my post number 9

shutter
Community Veteran

Fix

UPDATE ! ... to all who showed interest !...

My communications with Canon customer service resulted in two people quoting from a script, neither of which actually addressed the problem, in fact, they were absolutely nowhere near the problem....

So.. I was looking on ebay for a similar type printer. that uses the same ink cartridges as mine... when I came across a "good offer"... BUT.. the guy selling it said it had a "printer error code B203" and he couldn`t be bothered to figure it out, so he was selling it, and some print cartridges...

Curious to know ( as I have never had any printer error codes).. I did a google search, and it seems like a simple "fix" for what he was complaining about...  it involved "resetting or re-configuring " the printer....  Sounds techy,... but I read the text... and thought......

. I wonder........    Undecided

Decided to give it a go.... ... and   YAY! ! ! Cheesy  ! ... after doing it, ... managed to print 6 repeat pages of a document with no problem. Also printed off the 12 page calendar, with no problems !   Smiley

here is the "fix" ....  https://www.dialprintersupport.com/blog/ways-to-fix-the-issue-of-canon-printer-error-code-b203/

Simples !!!  Roll_eyes

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Saved money and aggro, @shutter  - a result!😀

John
Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

See, it was a software proplem 🙂 🙂
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@shutter  Don't know how that link helped you, it tells you absolutely nothing, apart from switching off and on and letting the printhead move from side to side. What do you think the problem was?🙄

shutter
Community Veteran

@RealAleMadrid   been drinking too much spanish wine, methinks.....

it quite clearly says.... 

doing this will help you to load the configuration setting. it will help to clear itself from inside. Now in a case, if it doesn’t clean itself than you will have to repeat the entire process all over again.

Fortunately... I only did it one time....  and it did, indeed, re-configure the printer setting.!

shutter
Community Veteran

@Bogbody wrote:
See, it was a software proplem 🙂 🙂

Yeah... but not as we know it..... ( mr. spock said ! ! ) .

Neither did the Canon Customer Service people....   Beam them up Scotty !..

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

"doing this will help you to load the configuration setting. it will help to clear itself from inside. " 

What is that supposed to mean? Did you load a configuration setting? Is it constipated.😁 I hope it cleaned itself. 😀

it's just total nonsense but if it fixed it for you that's fine.

These generic so-called problem fixing websites are useless, can't even spell or use sensible language, probably auto translated from Chinese.

As my forum name suggests it's only Real Ale for me.

shutter
Community Veteran

Judging by what you post, your forum name says everything about you.

Just to "enlighten" you... Quote What is that supposed to mean..."... it means... that the action described, re-configures the software that controls the printer....

Most kids with their first iPhone, would understand that.   with 31 "fixes" to your name, I am surprised that you needed to have it explained to you. ....

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

I was poking fun at the stupid help website, did you notice the smiley faces or have you had a total sense of humour bypass.😀