cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt broadband extender not working

FIXED
Poppy6

Bt broadband extender not working

I have two bt broadband extender 500. One has stopped working. I’ve tried all the resetting options but still no green light for power comes on
5 REPLIES 5
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Bt broadband extender not working

If it's still in warranty I'd suggest contacting the seller for a replacement.  Otherwise as it's not a repairable item you will need to purchase a new one.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Fix

Not familiar with that particular extender, but as a general rule if there is no power light on a device either the socket is duff or the device has died. Having already tried the resetting options there's not much else you can do other than plug something else into the socket to confirm it's not the socket that's faulty.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Poppy6

Thanks for replies. I gave up and went to maplin  and purchased two power line adapters. Plugged them in and connected and everything back on and working. The bt adapter was still working as an extra plug but obviously not working for broadband. I did ring bt but was getting nowhere with them. 

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Send an email to the CEO of BT

You can find out what this is from https://www.ceoemail.com/

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."