cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back the BT Voyager 105!

Rikaitch
Grafter

Re: Bring back the BT Voyager 105!

Mhi: My sentiments exactly. Removing things that can go wrong from a problematic equation leads to finding faults a lot quicker.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Yeah, some USB modems work fine with Vista. The current modem (Voyager 210 if memory serves correct) does USB and ethernet and the USB side does work with Vista.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
matt_2k34
Grafter

Noooo ! the 105 is torture!
my gf has one and it often crashes the PC (BSOD!) on a Winblows XP machine - even if nothing is using it.
its not like you cant get a cheapo router thats simple to setup (i got a GURU ADSL2+ modem and thats a sinch) id personally like to see the end of the USB modem... they arent good for networking especially... And with LiveEarth just finished, wouldnt it be better to have a little router on then acomputer which might not be being used - but has to be on so modem is accessible.
Good Riddance to a BAD modem !  Grin Grin
although the ALT+F1 ( i believe) on the diags page is quite useful - nothing a router cant give.
God
Grafter

Personally I had more problems with various USB modems (including the 105) than I have ever had with modem/routers. But hey, whatever floats your boat! If any voyager fan out their wants to buy mine it is sat in a draw waiting!  Shocked
lingbob
Grafter

Quote from: mcclim
I have to admit, the free router that plus.net provide is excellent, have been using one for the last week while mine was on loan to somebody.  They are easy to set up and don't seem to drop a connection that often.

I agree, the Voyager 210 is an excellent piece of kit but there's a couple of things I don't like about it:
- Doesn't create a logfile
- Re-syncs a lot more than my Netgear DG834
Were it not for the above two points, I'd definitely use it in preference to my Netgear.
Regards .....
James
Grafter

Quote from: God
Personally I had more problems with various USB modems (including the 105) than I have ever had with modem/routers. But hey, whatever floats your boat! If any voyager fan out their wants to buy mine it is sat in a draw waiting!  Shocked

Yep.  Firstly you've got potential software issues, then issues with being supplied with power via usb, etc. Used to get loads of incompatible chipset issues too.  Was all fun and games.
gswindale
Grafter

I'm with the router fans on this - particularly the 2wire model recently sent through from Plus - connected it up, entered my username and password and off I went without any problems.