cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Call Guardian or Call Protect

thevicar

BT Call Guardian or Call Protect

A current Plusnet subscriber (X) was once in BT. Upon changing to Plusnet the BT email was changed from @btinternet.com to @gmail.com. However X's BT land line number was retained.

An issue has emerged over BT Call Guardian. When another current BT subscriber (Y) who has @btinternet.com, BT Broadband and BT landline calls the Plusnet subscriber's BT landline X, Y's landline is blocked.

X's old email and password is long forgotten.

As X cannot now log onto BT is it possible for X to unblock Y's number through Plusnet?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: BT Call Guardian or Call Protect

@thevicar  Welcome to the forum.

I would assume that Y needs to sort this out with BT. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

thevicar

Thanks Baldrick1. I've tried BT without success. Perhaps the BT person was unfamiliar with Call Protect issues. I'll try again later.

In the meantime is it possible for plusnet customer Y to interrogate CP settings via Plusnet. If so what would Y have to do?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@thevicar 

All this X and Y stuff is very confusing. Trying to see through the mist, what I think you are saying is that despite what has gone on in the past, when Y, a BT customer tries to ring X a Plusnet customer, then something of Y's is cut off. Why has this got anything to do with Plusnet? If I interpret this correctly then Y or someone helping Y needs to contact BT.

As far as I know BT Call Guardian is a feature of BT phones if so it can be turned off using the phone settings. Plusnet call protect will only block calls that the Plusnet customer has black listed. That can also be controlled, do a Google search for Plusnet Call Protect Table for all the setting options.

It's got nothing to do with email adresses.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'