cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV

Matthird

Apple TV

Im having trouble connecting my apple TV to the network and the internet.
Initial google searches indicate that it may have been an issue withe the all capital letter network password, so I changed it to all lowercase.
This got me access to the network (once - now I'm struggling to replicate this) but not to 'The Internet'
Has anyone had this issue and solved it?
The only thing I can find that is kind of similar is https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2632626
The rather unhelpful chat box online 'technical help' seemed unaware of any such thing.
Many Thanks
Matt
3 REPLIES 3
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Apple TV

Although it is not going to help you, I have never had a problem connecting my Apple TV to the internet and my wifi network password consists of lower case letters, upper case letters and other special characters.
Have you tried connecting your Apple TV to the internet using an ethernet cable to see if it connects. Also, you could try resetting your Apple TV and try connecting again.
Matthird

Hi acr,
I haven't tried an ethernet connection, i'll try that tomorrow although it's to really a solution I'd be happy with. I feel it's the router causing issues though as it worked perfectly in my previous address on Virgin Media. Although for an apple product, ATV it's extremely un-user friendly. I have reset a few times.
Really frustrating.
Thanks
Matt
Matthird

Fixed - connected via ethernet - updated all the ATV software, disconnected ethernet and connected via wifi.