Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any iPhone/iPad experts around?

FIXED
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Any iPhone/iPad experts around?

It seems the reason I'm not aware of it is due that I don't have that setting. This is in the iPad/FaceTime settings. I don't think I have a settings in FaceTime itself unless I'm online with a call, then I think I can change things. Offline all I have is myself on screen with a contacts menu. The only thing I can do there is edit a contact details.

I do have a lengthy "Blocked number" list in the iPad FaceTime settings, but none of my contacts are on it. There is also a list of 3 "busy" responses, but they're all greyed out not being used.

Perhaps this is all due to the rather elderly iPad that doesn't get later updates.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The setting I mentioned is shown in this image

This is on a two year old iPad Mini 2 running iOS 10.3.2.iPadFaceTime.png

However since my previous post I've checked with a neighbour who routinely uses FaceTime for calls to and from Australia. His settings also show "Never" but calls ring fine in both directions.

The other options for that setting are Headphones and Car. Headphones only and Always. I wonder if "Announce" means spoken "Call from ..." rather than just ringing.

David
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

@spraxyt

My iPhone is running the same version of iOS as yours.

My iPad version is 9.3.5 and won't update any further. I'm warned I can't if I check for updates.

However neither "Settings/FaceTime" looks the same as your screen shot. Above your "Call blocking etc." (mine is just called Blocked) I do not have the "Announce Calls" option in either iPhone or Pad. There is nothing at all in either of mine in that position.

I do though have one not in your screenshot. Below FaceTime with the green on/off switch in the iPad I have an option named "Calls from iPhone" also with a green on/off switch. The iPhone lacks this option as well.

I haven't tried switching this off as I don't think its anything to do with my problem.

So neither of mine are exactly the same as yours. Between us we have three different setting views.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.