Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti-Virus software advice Please

FIXED
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Anti-Virus software advice Please

OK... I am pretty savvy with the fact that there are many different companies marketing Anti-virus software... When I started using a computer years ago.. I used AVG FREE and used it for quite a number of years... eventually, it seemed to be slowing down the computer(s) that I had ... and I changed to AVAST and AVIRA.. not much difference between those two, as far as I could make out.

Been using AVAST for a couple of years now, and apart from a few occasions when it gives a pop-up warning for some site or download or link... I hardly give it a thought..

I have a program called "Freemake".. installed... and about 30 mins ago, it wanted to update it,... so I did the usual,. and got the update... after that I got an invite to download Anti-virus prog called SCANGUARD...

Having read the text on this page.....

http://www.smartwebchoices.com/1-reason

And some of the comments below,... I am wondering if I should change over to this prog, I have never heard of, or is it a "fake".. ?Huh

The only advantage I can see, from the write up, is that it has a "free" fix-it  kind of scanner... not one of those that you have to run the scan... see a million duff files etc... then have to pay for them to be sorted out...

Anyone hear of this program?  SCANGUARD... and any notes you would like to share about it... Please... ?

2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Anti-Virus software advice Please

That is interesting.... after posting my query... I went and had my tea !... came back... and thought I `d have a look on Google, and see what it says... I found the same linky... and just finished reading it... when coming back here.. Old Jim has done the same ! ..

Thanks Jim... Wink

Won`t be trying it out... seems it isn`t actually free... will find over 3,600 viruses lurking and you have to pay for the tool to remove them... if you decline.. apparently, it then corrupts your hard drive... Nice.. !  Huh