Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice about a recorder for Samsung smart TV

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Advice about a recorder for Samsung smart TV

Quote from: chenks76
... you'll be stuck to recording what you are watching though, as the TV won't have 2 tuners?

Quote from: nanotm
... Samsung have been doing dual tuner TV's for quite a long time, ...

My Samsung TV (48HU7500) has more than 2 tuners.  There is a standard terrestrial aerial input (FreeView), and 2 x satellite inputs for either the built-in FreeSat tuners or other satellite services.
I've yet  to use the satellite inputs, but the TV can record 2 different FreeView channels whilst watching a third channel simultaneously (any/all can be in SD or HD).  I'm not sure what the possible combination of simultaneous recordings would be if the satellite inputs were used as well; it could be that the built in tuners are combined UHF/satellite in which case the number would still be three.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If you have an ethernet port can you watch online channels whilst recording a Freeview programme?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: vilefox
... can you watch online channels whilst recording a Freeview programme?

Yes (if you mean the likes of iPlayer).  Well at least I can with my present Samsung; I could also do that with my previous Samsung which only had 1 DVB-T2 tuner (it also had a DVB-S2 tuner but that never got used).
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Excuse my ignorance lack of knowledge, but are you saying you have a Samsung TV into which you can insert a USB Stick that the TV will then record to? If this is the case what is the model number(s) of this / these TVs please.

Well I finally got round to getting one of these TVs (arriving tomorrow) but I was wondering if there was a preferred disk type for these. i.e. Flash Disk, USB Solid State etc as I'd like to get one in preparation for it's arrival.

andrewgscott

Which make and model of USB memory stick did you use? I know USB HDD are recommended but people seem to have mixed results with USB sticks. Thanks