Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTH_TOPEER_FAILED when trying to log in using new router

boodysaspie
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

AUTH_TOPEER_FAILED when trying to log in using new router

I have a Home Hub 5 which has been flashed with OpenWRT.

1) The vendor offered tech support, but got confused when I told him that I had a static IP. Eventually we decided to connect using PPPoE, but when I try to connect using this website's credentials I get the AUTH_TOPEER_FAILED error.

2) Another thread tempted me me to change my password, which I did. But I still access this site with my first pwd, and neither pwd works on the router.

3) On my dashboard is a message:

"An error has occurred

You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress."

---------------------------

Advice please ... do I sort out the AUTH_TOPEER_FAILED, the "product change in progress" or the eeny-meeny password?

TIA

1 REPLY 1
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: AUTH_TOPEER_FAILED when trying to log in using new router

@boodysaspie 

Whether to use PPPoA or PPPoE depends on whether you are on ADSL of Fibre. See here for the full settings  https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Even though you are on a fixed Plusnet IP address you should set the router to obtain the IP address automatically.

Do you actually have a product change in progress at the moment? If not you need to ring Plusnet and find out what has happened and/or get whatever it is cancelled.

You need to use whichever password works with your account (followed by @plusdsl.net)

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'