cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

141 on mobile network, does not let the call go through

Welshdragon
Rising Star

141 on mobile network, does not let the call go through

Asking on behalf of a friend, she has tried at least three mobiles on different networks, O2 / Vodafone & GiffGaff.

She is trying to use 141 to block her number on a temp basis & for some strange reason, it wont let the calls go through, to both landline & mobiles remove the 141 prefix & the call goes through without issue.

Her friends in the same area have no problem using 141.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: 141 on mobile network, does not let the call go through

I ran in to this on one of my previous phones (Or if it did go through, it didn't withhold my number)

May be worth looking through the call settings to see if there's just an option to toggle withheld on/off.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Denny
Dabbler

Most smart phones these days have an option in the settings to automatically block the number by default may have to do that depending on the phone

Welshdragon
Rising Star

Thanks both

after trying the suggestion above, + other typical trouble shooting IE: taking the battery & sim out reboot etc to resetting the phone, then getting her son to take it to a phone shop, it has been concluded, that two of her three phones both Samsung can not utilise the 141 facility.

She was told that her blackberry should utilise the 141 facility, but would need to leave the phone with the ship to diagnose further.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I'm on the 3 network using an HTC One Mini 2 and if I try to withhold my number by prefixing the dialled number with 141 I get an automated message saying you can't withold your number this way and to use the phones settings.

If I go into the phone's settings and choose to withhold my number it does work.