Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% erase text messages & emails software

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

100% erase text messages & emails software

I want to be sure that the text messages and emails, on my Android smartphone are 100% erased.

I have done a google search and find there are a couple  ( at least ) of programs that can do this, via Windows and the PC.

Has anyone used this kind of software.... Can you recommend it ?  any particular software title as preferred option ?

1. Android Eraser        ( Safewiper )  (Android Data Wiper )   ( seems to have several names, but downloads the same file )

https://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/how-to-delete-text-messages-android-phone.html

2.Mobikin Eraser For Android           https://www.mobikin.com/data-clean/how-to-delete-text-messages-from-android-permanently.html

8 REPLIES 8
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: 100% erase text messages & emails software

Is it worth the effort ?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@shutter 

It allegedly deletes data with multiple over wipes to DoD 5220.22 M which is more than good enough for mere mortals. So the only question is whether it does what is claimed. If data is deleted I suspect that there is no way of confirming that without dissecting the original program source code.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

shutter
Community Veteran

@Baldrick1  Agreed....  the security shredding level is good enough for joe public at 3 times,  can be increased to 7 times.

CCLEANER also gives that stage of destruction.. Been using it for years !..

Just wondered if anyone had any personal experiences.... good or bad.... with respect to this kind of program .

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Don't know about Android phones, but Apple ones have a 'Restore to factory settings' option which totally clears any personal data - unless, possibly, someone (GCHQ?) can interrogate it way beyond the capabilities of Apple themselves.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

John,
FYI Android phones have exactly the same functionality

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Cheers, @MisterW . Thought they would have, but never had one, so I asked. These 'programs'/apps are therefore redundant.

John
shutter
Community Veteran

According to what I have read......  Factory Reset... does not 100% erase any text or messages..   and they can still be retrieved using the right sort of query software. 

Erasing using the two programs I mentioned  ( similar to CCLEANER ) is supposed to prevent recovery and is recommended instead of just doing a factory reset, especially if you are sellin gon, or giving your phone to someone else...

If selling on - like to a refurb company - they can still recover lots of vitally personal information from your phone, such as bank details,

Which is why I started this thread... to see if there was any  "personal" experiences, or knowledge level about how good or not they are in what they profess to do.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

This is the excellent reason why my mobile has never had any financial details entered into it.

I wouldn't trust any of the dozens of "apps" to not leak deliberately or accidentally everything on the phone.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."