cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

you have gone over your allowance ....

psybox
Dabbler

you have gone over your allowance ....

ok - last week I changed from the £20 month and 20gb allowance to the £11.99 and 60GB package - only a change in billing is the difference I was told, but wouldnt change until my new billing date - 26th.  I had received a warning I had use 15gb out of my 20 allowance, so thought I should change as daughter was starting to use pc to view cartoons and sky.
tonight, I receive an email to say I have used 20.01 out of my 20GB allowance and have been charged £5 for 5GB extra - which is not rolled over.  As I have 1 hour and 15 mins until the rollover period and just received the notice, I am annoyed.  This month I will pay £5 for an hour and half internet use, taking the total to £24.99 for this month. Yet the £11.99 package gets 60GB use!!
Is this the thanks I get for being a long time user and also referrer of business to plusnet (of which I havent got all the referral discounts I should) ?
Mister annoyed!
Brian
7 REPLIES 7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: you have gone over your allowance ....

Hi psybox,
I am sorry to hear that you have only just gone over your usage so close to your product changeover, with this in mind I will arrange for the £5 to be either refunded or put as a discount on your account in the morning for you. Once I have done this, I'll create a ticket on your account, and I'll let you know via a PM once that has been actioned for you. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with Smiley
psybox
Dabbler

Chris that would be great - thank you. I also just received notification that Im now on the 60GB allowance, so hopefully this wont happen again.
thanks
Brian
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Brian,
All sorted for you, I've dropped you a PM with the ticket reference number regarding this. Smiley
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

For other people reading this please note you obviate getting into this situation by altering your settings to prevent the extra charge being levied. The relevant page is https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/ and I've set mine to "Maximum extra monthly spend: £0.00"
I can't say whether all PN customers have a similar facility - perhaps it didn't apply to the account noted.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It will do, Extra is the only one with a 60GB allowance so it'll definitely be available on the above account. It's available on Value too.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I was referring to the 20gb contract the OP was on when it happened.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah, beg pardon - that sounds like the old Pro account. I believe the tool was available on that as well.