cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will i be disappointed?

lonespeaker
Grafter

will i be disappointed?

So here I am sat in my new flat waiting patiently for BT to turn up and install my new line and fibre but with only 45 mins till the allotted appointment time has passed I'm getting a bit worried. Wouldn't my new line (an MBF line to be converted back to BT) be installed before the fibre guy turns up or does the same one do it?
Hope i don't join the BT no show club  Smiley
58 REPLIES 58
picbits
Rising Star

Re: will i be disappointed?

My OR engineer range 23 minutes before the deadline - nice bloke as well.
Fingers crossed your install goes as smoothly as mine did.
lonespeaker
Grafter

Quite disappointed in Plusnet - No engineer showed up and when I ring Plusnet to find out whats happening they tell me they had notification today that the fibre order was rejected due to a mismatch with the phone order!  
I am disappointed in not getting the fibre today, but I am more disappointed that I spent 5 hours waiting for someone who wasnt even booked to arrive and plusnet knew about it.  pretty poor customer service especially after their website claims how easy it is to do a house move.
picbits
Rising Star

Sad Very poor show by Plusnet.
I'll stick up for them all the way when it's a BT Openreach "malechickenup" but not informing the customer when they know there is an issue in my eyes is a no-go.
The moment this kind of thing happens, the customer should be informed by text / phone call / email or all of the above.
lonespeaker
Grafter

You're right picbits.  When they had received this notification earlier today their automated system should have sent me an update to the open ticket that tracks the order explaining the issue and I would have been disappointed but understanding that this type of setback can happen.
So now I have an unknown wait for an order I don't know when will be placed whilst my old broadband/phone has been disconnected.  I'm assured that a new fibre order will be placed once the phone line is setup.  hopefully that will be automatic and I wont have to ring them to remind them Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Are "Provisioning" not checking whether Fibre orders (or any come to that) are being cancelled or rejected due to some fowl-up on the ordering system. This is the 2nd such case I've read about in the last 12hrs and one of many I've read about in the few weeks or so. A potential customer only finding out on the day of a supposed appointment is NOT good enough.
mikko
Grafter

I don't often chip in but PN you've let this customer down (who even took time off work for an installation that you knew was not going to happen
Shame on you..
Stop advertising with brass bands, etc. and clear up the mess before expanding again.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi lonespeaker,
Sorry to see that you've had to wait-in today for an engineer that wasn't going to arrive. We were notified yesterday from our suppliers that the simultaneous order hand't gone through and this did wasn't picked up in-time to notify you.
As Mark mentioned to you on the phone earlier we're waiting for the phone order to complete and we'll place the fibre order for you.
Please let me know if there'es anything in the mean-time.
Chris
Anotherone
Champion

Chris, could you get someone to address my point in reply #5 please.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi anotherone,
There's an automated system in place that raises a ticket if we get any messages regarding the order, and yes our agents pick these up and deal with them. As you've seen a few times though that doesn't always come through, especially not in good time. Unfortunately that does lead to situations like this.
Anotherone
Champion

Hi Matt, thanks for replying.
When you say it doesn't always come through, you are implying from BTw is it? or from OpenReach?
lonespeaker
Grafter

If I wasn't moving my contracted broadband from my old address I think I would ditch plusnet for ever.
My home phone line now seems to be connected and the order is showing as completed (or so I am told) but plusnet can't place an order for fibre yet -
"It will be a further 48 working hours before an appointment will be assigned to the order."
seriously, 48 WORKING hours is 6.8 DAYS!  for gods sake how hard is it to place an order?
Well I tried Zen and they can offer me the 11th march - not ideal but at least they have the means to actually give a date!
So, 6.8 days from today, possibly a 10-14 day wait for installation - thats going to be 3 weeks.
There is only so many times I can be told "we're sorry" and "its' down to our suppliers" but this is not good enough.

edit to add:
Maybe they really mean 48 hours and not 48 working hours, but in any case, it is still too long.
Anotherone
Champion

Zen can't do any different as they have to use BTw & OpenRetch, the same as Plusnet  This sounds like typical sales talk, beware.
lonespeaker
Grafter

anotherone: you're probably right about sales talk - I'm just venting my frustration, but I will just wait till monday and see what happens.
Anotherone
Champion

Oh, please do vent your frustration. I'm by no means convinced that the "higher-ups" in Plusnet are putting enough pressure on Openreach and BTw to get these problems resolved, or that Openreach are doing enough to resolve their appalling management. There is all these delays still going on in a lot of areas and yet there is no MBORC currently active. Not good enough. With an MBORC listing the specific areas, at least people would know where they stand at the outset - that is on the assumption that Provisioning aren't giving or being given dates that don't take that into account.