cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why did i ever change?

ruthjw21

why did i ever change?

I transferred a couple of weeks ago from talk talk.
I thought I was going to get "good old fashioned service", sadly mistaken, just a shoddy unfriendly service, and a system for cash back designed to make it impossible to claim.
Also line speed should be 8mbs, currently 0.25mbs, how and why did I ever change?
It is also impossible to speak to a senior manager - seemingly they don't value their customers
Does anybody else have the same problem
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: why did i ever change?

Moved to Feedback and poll removed as it serves no purpose
harps1h
Grafter

Hi  ruthjw21
Welcome to the PN forums. Here you will find some of the most knowledgeable people to help along and guide you. Before anyone can though a bit of background info would be handy.
Firstly why did you leave talktalk?
What was your speed with TT
do you know what your line speed is meant to be?
There is also other info you could post which would help them along
A BT speed test from here: http://speedtester.bt.com/
Do you know how far you are from your exchange?
A copy of the router stats would also be useful. If you are unsure how to get them post your routers make and someone will guide you how to do it.
Lastly have you put in a fault ticket to PN?
harps1h
warbleeder
Grafter

Hiya Ruthw21
and Welcome. Give PN abit of time regarding the speed side of things if this is due to a fault you have to keep in mind that most speed faults are a problem of BT and not plusnet (unless PN have you throttled or you account has been set-up in correctly).
And PN customer support seems to be much better that talk talk (in my opinion) but each to their own
as you have posted in here chances are adam or someone will pick up on it for you or you could open a ticket and request a manager call back (think its 24 hours) but maybe wrong
bobosb3

I was with orange and speed dropped to 0.2 Mbps. After being passed back and forth between Inda and UK they managed to get it up to 1.7 Mbps. So I tried moving to BE Unlimited. Would you believe that they connected me to broadband but not telephone service because I was 75 years old. You wont believe it but its true. Too long a story to tell here. So I asked for MAC code and they still tried to charge £140 because they claimed I cancelled the service even though they only provided half the service. It was only when I threatened to take the case to CISAS for arbitration that they saw sense and agreed to return my £140. (Their call centre is in Bulgaria and you will NEVER get to speak to someone in the UK).
Then I joined PLUSnet and 'The Sun Came Out'. The from my post code they suggested I would get up to 6 Mbps. With a little help from myself with the wiring, I got an incredible 12 to 14 Mbps. So it was with some trepidation that I enquired if I could exchange some down speed to increase the up speed from about 0.35 Mbps to maybe 1.1 to 1.2 Mbps. They responded 'no problem - it will be actioned in the next 2 weeks'. Who can complain about that. I have still to see if the cashback is forthcoming but so far I have nothing but praise for PLUSnet . It is head and shoulders above any ISP that I have had dealings with so far. KEEP IT UP PLUSnet !!!! Incidentally a friend of mine is always complaining about the service from TALK TALK  Cheesy
waynem
Grafter

Hi
Currently i,m with Ruthjw21  re the service etc a very very shakey start  ( dont have a connection yet)  BUT  i am heartened by bobosb3 Post and the attention received from PN customer services (apart from 1 instance) .. it seems all providers are at the mercy of BT out of reach !!! .
ever hopeful !
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@ ruthjw21

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about the issues you've had with us. I've checked your account and can see from the notes on ticket 57239267 that the fault was resolved early last week and that we've credited you for the downtime.
The response given to that ticket on Friday also explains the situation with regards to which particular cashback offer you signed up for and that explains exactly what's entailed as part of that.
With regards to slow speeds, I can't see an obvious reason for that but I have submitted a line reset which should hopefully rectify that within a few hours. If it doesn't please drop me a reply and I'll be in touch.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team