cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is my £75 cash back

peter349
Dabbler

where is my £75 cash back

I have been patient and polite and emailed you 3 times now - where is my £75 cash back, please?
Please don't give me any nonsense and rubbish. I got an email from you that said click this to claim your cash back automatically. I did this and have got nothing, - not even a reply as to why you are not replying.
peter349
14 REPLIES 14
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: where is my £75 cash back

Hi there,
Could you let me know roughly when you clicked the link in the email to claim your cashback? The cheque should be sent within 30 days of you clicking through on this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
peter349
Dabbler

More than 30 days ago, about 35 days in fact. Where is it?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: peter349
I have been patient and polite and emailed you 3 times now

... and each time I'm betting that you sent the email to an email address that is not monitored. The only way to communicate with Plusnet online is via the Help Assistant: http://www.plus.net/wizard/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
peter349
Dabbler

Plus net customer service is appalling

Plus net customer service is appalling
Now you have me under contract, your service is so poor - you reduce your complaints simply by keeping people on hold for far too long.
You won't be getting a good feedback from me.
I'm still waiting for my £75 cashback - well after the 30 days time limit promised.
peter349
Dabbler

Re: Plus net customer service is appalling

How amusing - just on hold (again) with you lot and "Don't you want me?" is playing...
Can't you guess?
peter349
Dabbler

So get this -
After a 16 minute call we find out:
Your email sent to me on the 10 Nov states a £75 cashback cheque within 30 days of clicking that email.
But your systems don't recognise those clicks until the next batch round which was on the 17th Nov.
IT'S STILL MORE THAN 30 DAYS - EVEN AFTER YOUR BATCH DATE
It shows that lies - and nothing but lies - are built into your systems. You offer to do something within 30 days and keep the batch dates quiet.
I am a Yorkshireman - and if your lies are the best you can do - I won't be telling people I'm from Yorkshire in case they have already had a dose of your Customer Service.

I'm genuinely sorry that you work for a company that will happily lie outright.
roblatus
Dabbler

to be honest i think this is typical of how they operate. I fell for the whole Yorkshire thing and to be honest they have been an absolute shower of poo and an embrasssment to all things Yorkshire. Fortunately i have now got out of my contract with them.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

mod:note
merged multiple threads to keep all info in one place.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
picbits
Rising Star

I don't think Plusnet have ever been deliberately dishonest but I've seen their billing and refund systems fail the customers a number of times in the past.
When they mess up, they usually confess to it and don't try and sweep it under the carpet.
My money is on some kind of system mess up which has caused this rather than a deliberate action.
gswindale
Grafter

OK
Bearing in mind your earlier post suggests this would be picked up on a batch run from 17th Nov.
That is precisely 30 days ago today.  The cash back refunds are being issued by cheque.
Are you 100% certain that PN have not processed this or could the hold up be with that well known institution that is the Royal Mail?  Only mentioning this as we had an envelope turn up in our work post yesterday that had somehow come unsealed on all three seals and contained nothing - we suspect it was a cheque but have no way of knowing who it was from!
Rather than canal refunds; would it not be possible to place a credit on the account to offset the first x months bills?
legalfreak
Dabbler

My sympathies with the OP, like many others I clicked on the November 10th email and am still waiting for my cheque.
Of course, it might be a problem with Royal Mail but that is no excuse for the lack of information. They are really dragging their feet on this one.
I was told that they can easily credit us with the money to our account.
Have a look at the other thread and you'll see that their CS staff are providing rubbish information which then Chris has to slap them down here on the forum.
The fact is that they look like a company that couldn't give a toss.
legalfreak
legalfreak
Dabbler

It was indeed Royal Mail as the cheque arrived today.
Legalfreak
peter349
Dabbler

I have also rcd my cheque today.
I will give PlusNet the benefit of the doubt - even though they did not keep their original promise and caused me quite a bit of unnecessary strife.
I hope this is the worst of the customer service I will ever experience from them.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry for the delay and thanks a lot for letting us know that the cheques turned up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team