cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will they git right

wildorchid02

when will they git right

Beware chaging to fibre Cry 2 hours they said, now 9 days, infact beware of changing to plusnet from BT that took 17 days to get the broadband back and we lost the phone for 14 days.
And they have the ordasity to say our situation is very rare!
Lets find out?
6 REPLIES 6
sixthprawn
Grafter

Re: when will they git right

I went from tt to pn and it took a few hours, maybe i was lucky...
phil4
Grafter

Changed to fibre here, no problems done in a couple of hours.
Don't forget most of the work in changing to fibre is done by BT, so perversely your gripe is more about BT being hopeless, and PN perhaps not having much control over them.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

infact beware of changing to plusnet from BT that took 17 days to get the broadband back and we lost the phone for 14 days.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that this is definitely not typical of a fibre installation. I will look into this for you and come to you with more information ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi again,
I've just looked into this issue and one of our most experienced and knowledgeable faults agents has already taken ownership of this case so I'm confident that you will get resolution soon.
I will be having a chat with them to make them aware that you have raised this issue here and I'll get updates to you ASAP.

Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lexusuk
Grafter

Following the engineer visit this morning your fault appears to be resolved and your connection is back up and running.  Apologies for the confusion about the engineer booking.  We expected the engineer visit to fail as we had a system issue with your fault.  Luckily I had the appointment built manually when booked so it went through regardless.  *phew*
Just a piece of advice, having double checked your connection this afternoon I can see that your connection is disconnecting at 5 minute intervals.  This is due to the idle timeout setting on your Netgear WNR1000v3 router.  We'd recommend that you disable this option.  In order to correct this you should:
- Enter the address http://192.168.1.1/ in to your web browser. You will be prompted for a username and password.
- The details are as follows:
User: admin
Pass: password
- Once logged in click on "Basic Settings". This is in the column of options is on the left hand side. "Basic Settings" is at the top of the list.
- Once on the "Basic Settings" screen you need to find the option called "Connection Mode". Change this option to "Always On" and click "Apply" at the bottom of the page.
Idle Timeout is now disabled.  If you experience any further issues please do not hesitate to contact us.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks a lot for the detailed update Alex.
wildorchid02, please do shout up if you have any more problems.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team