cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

welcome letter

batron

welcome letter

I find it very odd to receive instuctions on how to set up routers etc by email when if the email is not working how do you get this information!!. Easy you get an email saying try another internet connection . You dont know this until you have it working .doh!!!  This information needs to sent out before you change over surely otherwise you find yourselve in limbo.
I found my previous supplier cut my connection before plusnet was running .Fortunately a helpful lady at plusnet activated it quickly but I still had to struggle to get the Belkin router working as I hadnt been given the full instructions to enter until I called by phone .
Another grouse I had an email saying connection in 4hrs this was the day after I signed up .then another message saying 7days ,when queried I was told it was 4hrs if I had the broad band set up which It couldnt be for 7days .I find that daft .
How can you be award winning .I intend to write to Which over this silliness.
5 REPLIES 5
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: welcome letter

It's a few years since I joined Plusnet but to the best of my recollection I was directed to the useful guides at the time I signed up online . I then printed them off ready to use when switch-over occurred.
However, I agree not a lot of use to anyone without a pre-existing service ordering a broadband service for the first time by phone.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

What Is even odder Is that the welcome letter( well all the ones from various isp's  that I have had ) don't actually have connection settings as usually you get a router from the company you are joining. All that Is In any welcome letter Is your go live date and what you agreed to and how much your better of (money)wise from said company.
Plusnet Welcome Pack PDF
It appears Plusnet's welcome pack does have connection settings.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Got to be honest, we found it pretty straight forward. I've had my fair share of grumbles with PN over the years as Steve M will tell you but the setup wasn't one of them and they'd even connected us two days early which was nice.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi batron, sorry you've felt that way - I hope we can turn that round and the rest of the service impresses you. To address your points:
Quote from: batron
I find it very odd to receive instuctions on how to set up routers etc by email when if the email is not working how do you get this information!!.  Easy you get an email saying try another internet connection . You dont know this until you have it working .doh!!!  This information needs to sent out before you change over surely otherwise you find yourselve in limbo.

It looks like you put an existing email address onto your account when signing up, so all the details should have been sent there before your service was activated? Very sorry if this wasn't the case, please let us know and we'll rethink our timing on those emails. As you say it's very important people are able to access this information. It's easy to think that people these days will be able to get email on their phones but this isn't always the case. Sorry about that.
I found my previous supplier cut my connection before plusnet was running .Fortunately a helpful lady at plusnet activated it quickly but I still had to struggle to get the Belkin router working as I hadnt been given the full instructions to enter until I called by phone .

I'm glad you were able to call up and get the settings but sorry that had to be the case. There's setup instructions included if a customer orders a router from us but again, that's not always the case - and if you already have a working router then obviously there's no point in buying another one.
Having said that I can see we emailed you the connection settings to the address you signed up with on the 4th March (8 days before the broadband was activated), hopefully this was before your previous service was deactivated?
I've just checked with one of the guys who looks after our provisioning department and we're not sure why the account didn't activate automatically that morning - it should have done at 7am (the order completed shortly after 3am, but 7 is when our ordering script runs for the first time during the day). I'm very sorry about that, we're investigating that at the moment.
Another grouse I had an email saying connection in 4hrs this was the day after I signed up .then another message saying 7days ,when queried I was told it was 4hrs if I had the broad band set up which It couldnt be for 7days .I find that daft .

Sorry about that, but the email advising the 4 hours before activation was regarding your email addresses that you created when you signed up - not the whole service. I apologise for the agent's confusion when you asked about this though, and will address that with them directly.
I hope that clears things up for you, and am sorry things have been so confusing - it should all settle down from here, but please do pop back to these forums if there are any other issues or there's anything else we can help with.
The_10th
Grafter

Small typo I noticed some time back: