cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webmail

landranger

webmail

Why is the web mail service crap.  Once logged in it take ages to appear on screen. if i want to switch to other folders it takes forever. quite often once  nail has been opened you cannot  geet back to the general mail folder. 
Am the only one having this problem ?
  Cry  Angry
12 REPLIES 12
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: webmail

Hi landranger,
I'm really sorry for the problems you're experiencing with the slow access to Webmail. We've got a Service Status here http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=maintenance&ispservice_id=email which gives a date for when work is due to be carried out on this.
I'm sorry for the problems that this has causing you.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

The only time I will use the webmail is if either I'm away or my pc is out of order. When I needed a new hard drive at the beginning of the year it nearly drove me mad being so slow.
I hope the work cures the problem.
landranger

Chris Pettitt
Sorry, but does not make any difference what the service status is.  On my Pc The speed always rubbish.,  I run windows 7 its rubbish, I run apple OX its rubbish.
But if i use my ipad or my iPhone its ok no problems.
Please explain that.
regards landranger  Angry Cry :o;
All4One
Grafter

I've seen it slow through IE, yet is fine through Chrome. Do you have many emails in the webmail?
And when you say fine with iphone/ipad, are you using safari to access webmail or just have the emails setup as profiles in Mail?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The Service Status is relevant here.
You've not mentioned in your previous post that you're having problems with the speed of your connection, I will have a look at your line now though.
The problem is likely when using Webmail directly, which is where the problem lays. Using IMAP/POP like your iPhone does will work fine.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your Line is provisioned on ADSL1 so the maximum speeds your line will see around the 6.5Mb mark. I've placed an order to move you onto ADSL2+ where you should see speeds of around 14Mb.
There's no extra charge for this. The changeover should take effect overnight.
landranger

Chris Pettitt
Well thanks for moving me over,  But the reason i use webmail is because i move from site to site. i connect in many differnt locations, AND AS FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER THE WEBMAIL AS BEEN EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW.
      INFACT  So slow i joined AOL. how bad is that. With AOL  it does not matter where i am IT IS STILL FASTER THAN PLUSNET.
WHAT IS REALLY MAKES WANT TO PUT MY FIST THROUGH THE LAPTOP IS THE WAY IT JUST DOES NOTHING WHEN YOU WANT TO RETURN TO THE INBOX TO READ ANOTHER MESSAGE.
In fact i have to close the browser ( usually chrome)  and try and log in again, but this does not always work.
Help
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As I've mentioned in my previous posts, we've scheduled in some work to make improvements which should alleviate the pain you're experiencing.
I'm sorry that it's causing you issues, you can, in the meantime set up e-mail via Outlook or Thunderbird for example using SMTP Authentication as shown here: http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/ which should allow you to use e-mail at various different locations.
Bootmet

Sad can't wait till my contract ends to move to another ISP. I thought talktalk webmail was bad, plusnet webmail is useless. I can't get my mail most of the time as the server is down for whatever reason. I'm sick to death of it.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Bootmet,
I'm sorry that you feel the need to move ISP's. Have you tried using a Mail Client as per the above link?
Bootmet

If the service worked I shouldn't have to.
kmilburn
Grafter

Not only that,  but  webmail is the only safe method of dealing with email until  IMAP and SMTP are secured.