cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value to extra speeds worse

Ki
Grafter

value to extra speeds worse

Hi there to all iv gone from Value which had speeds of up to 5.69 to Extra since doing so its dropped to 3.96
This is not good at all !!!!! Please can you sort it out for me ..P.S. also please can you make sure that
the discount code £1.50 off is added as as promised but does not seem to have been aplied.....
Kind regards Ki  
17 REPLIES 17
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: value to extra speeds worse

Hi there, your account change went through successfully and you're staying on 20CN as there's no 21CN available in your exchange.
With regards to your speed problems, please report this to the Faults Team. I've also re-added your discounts, these were removed during the account change but are now in place for the next 12 months.
Ki
Grafter

Thank you very much  Cheesy
Ki
Grafter

Thank you very much  Cheesy  BUT !! I used the fault link its says every thing ok ??????
But even today line speed under 3.96 when i should and did get speeds of 5.69 on my line (6 meg) When i first signed
up but guess now you got my money and iv upgraded for no reason but to get a slower speed is not right surely you must
be breaking terms and conditions within the 12 mounth contract !!!!!! Will be seeking more advice regarding this should of stayed
with Sky (ME THINKS)  Cry
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

When you go through the fault checker it may say that no problem was found, but fill out the report and the Faults Team will advise you further.
Alxns
Grafter

What website are you using to check your speeds?
Ki
Grafter

Angry Angry Angry SPEEDS on extra should be 6 Mbps>> mine are only just hitting>>> 4 Mbps (less than Value)
Offcom are looking into breaking peoples contracts when broadband companys offer speeds that are not available
Think ill be first in the Que as my patience's has just worn out with Pulsnet !!!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Before you go to Ofcom, you should try the Faults Team as they're the ones to look into this for you. http://faults.plus.net please.
Ki
Grafter

Have thank you waist of space!!!!!!
Ki
Grafter

Ofcom has today revealed that many UK ISPs are only meeting some aspects of its Code of Practice  (CoP) on broadband speeds and failing in other areas. The regulator is now proposing to toughen up the code or possibly even enforce mandatory changes if providers fail to agree.
Under Ofcom’s current voluntary Code of Practice (CoP) on speed, which 95% of UK ISPs have already agreed to (CoP ISP List), UK broadband providers must agree to do the following:
    * Provide consumers at the point of sale with an accurate estimate of the maximum speed that their line can support.
    * Explain clearly and simply how technical factors may slow down speeds, while also offering help and advice to consumers to improve the situation at home.
    * Offer an alternative package (if there is one) without any penalties, if the actual speed is a lot lower than the original estimate.
    * Explain fair usage policies (FUP) clearly and alert consumers when they have been breached.
When Ofcom used fake consumers (Mystery Shoppers) to test compliance it found that 85% of callers were provided with an estimate of the maximum speed available on their broadband line before signing up with an ISP. However 42% of these shoppers had to prompt providers for their speed late in the sales process.
In addition, three quarters (74%) of mystery shoppers were not informed that their actual speed was likely to be below their maximum line speed. Ofcom also found that ISPs use different methods for calculating and presenting line speed estimates. Some ISPs even gave estimates in the form of a wide range (such as 10-20Mbps, exactly what Sky Broadband does for our line), which could lead customers to expect a much higher speed than they actually receive.
    To address the shortfalls, Ofcom is going to:
    •Work with ISPs to agree a consistent and accurate way of calculating and presenting access line speed information and amend the Code accordingly;
    •Amend the Code to require ISPs to commit to giving the access line speed estimate early in the sales process, i.e. before asking the customer for bank details or a MAC. Currently the Code only requires ISPs to give this information before completion of the sales process.
    •Find ways of ensuring that ISPs give consumers better information on why and how actual broadband speeds may be lower than headline speeds.
    •Explore with ISPs whether it would be appropriate to add a new provision in Code which allows customers to leave their contract period without penalty if the access line speed received in practice is significantly below the estimate given at the time of signing up.
We're please to see that the option of 'leaving a contract without penalty' is back in after having previously been dropped from the original code. Many people felt that excluding this clause made Ofcom's original CoP weak and allowed ISPs to trap customers in long contracts even when their service levels were appalling.
However ISPs with Fair Usage Policies (FUP) and Traffic Management are likely to argue that broadband speed, outside of physical limitations (line length etc.), must vary for the service to be economically sustainable (e.g. especially at peak periods). Broadband is a shared "Best Efforts" product and other issues, such as home wiring problems and local interference, can also cause problems which ISPs would be unable to account for.
Ki
Grafter

So can i have my 6meg  Mbps that i was told i was going to get !!!! please as that's what im paying for in EXTRA  my speeds for Value were faster by nearly 2 meg
zubel
Community Veteran

At least read the responses instead of starting off on your own little vendetta against Plusnet.
You have an issue with your line which needs resolving.  Raise a fault
B.
Ki
Grafter

Exchange contention status: Unknown
We were unable to find any information about the contention at your exchange, please continue with the Broadband Fault checker to resolve your problem.
Look speed is shit i have done fault cheker god knows how many times but can only get so far with it !!!!!!! Stop bull shitting me and get it sorted!!!! Please
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

For us to investigate this fault we need you to go through various checks on your side, including running speedtests. Please continue with the rest of the fault checker, then the Faults Team will pick up the investigation from there.
P.S. The Digital Care Team are here to ensure that complaints and problems get dealt with by the right people as efficiently as possible. Had this been investigated before and not been resolved, I would be more than happy to step in and take ownership to push to a resolution. You have never gone past the first stage of the fault checker and never raised a ticket to complain about your speeds. Being called a waist (sic) of space will not endear me to help, especially when you have taken no steps to resolve this problem yourself.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Wonder if Extra comes with a grammar and spell checker Undecided  Smiley