cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

totally unaceptable

skuffdj
Grafter

totally unaceptable

i decided to sign up to plusnet because of the 'unlimited' midnight to midday downloads, plus the guaranteed speed for xbox live usage. i went live last thursday and have to say im not happy with the service what so ever.. i receive 4 mb speed, but when i download during the day i get a max of 30kbs, averaging 18kbs!.. so i thought, ok ill just use it at night for downloads. now ive just checked my monthly usage, and im at 49 gig already in 9 days! so i looked into it more, and it says all of that usage is 'peak time usage'?? can someone tell me how it would be possible to download 49gb in 6 days at 18kbs (as it is only 6 days of usage because of a broken router i was sent) and my off peak usage is 0kb??? even though i know for a fact my off peak downloads should about 44gb
12 REPLIES 12
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: totally unaceptable

Hi there,
You are on the Unlimited package, which doesn't split the usage down to peak and off-peak (yet). We're looking to introduce the split but haven't got a timescale for this yet.
So the 49GB you are seeing is your total usage.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
skuffdj
Grafter

So the 52gb fair usage is going to be used up then?, even though im told off peak downloads are unlimited? and ill be capped like i was with orange?.. Orange were the same, said i could download as much as i like off peak, but capped me, even though i only downloaded off peak due to slow peak capping speeds
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

What 52GB fair usage? We've got people using huge amounts more than that on the Unlimited product.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
skuffdj
Grafter

so there is no fair usage then?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Just to re-iterate what Chris has said from a customer point of view I've use more than 49GB on unlimited for the past couple of months and there is no limit, no hidden caps or fair usage.
My speeds have been as the expected speeds shown.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
James
Grafter

There is no fair usage policy.
zubel
Community Veteran

Peak usage:  109.85GB  0am - Midnight 
I've certainly not been contacted with any FUPness Smiley
B.
seanbranagh
Grafter

Quote from: Barry
Peak usage:  109.85GB  0am - Midnight 
I've certainly not been contacted with any FUPness Smiley
B.

Is that all you can do? LoL
skuffdj
Grafter

Well after giving it a chance, i am now truly gutted i chose plusnet.. for this past week my connection has been rubbish.. When i joined 3 and a bit weeks back, i was told xbox live would run at a constant 2meg (yeah right, constantly knocked offline, constant yellow and red ping on games) And now my speed is a constant 0.92 meg.. The line capping from 12.00-0.00 is crap too, its more like 11.45-0.45.. And me being a dummy i signed up for 18 months.. I thought after leaving Orange there couldn't be anyone as bad, but how wrong was i? Even when i was capped by orange, i was getting 4 times the speed peak times.. I know speed can fluctuate for the first 10 days, but near on 30 days is not good enough.. Should have gone with BT
Mark
Grafter

HI there
Have you raised this to us as a fault? Without specifics of what you are experiencing its going to be difficult answering your points in this post however your symptoms sound like there is something we need to take a look at rather than writing things off as rubbish.
Raise a fault to the support teams and we'll get a better understanding of what's going one and hopefully get it sorted for you.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

There's now a thread on Broadband speed, there's been a low sync event with consequential low profile.
scootie
Grafter