cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this is so very poor

scarrabri
Grafter
Posts: 26
Registered: 18-05-2009

this is so very poor

I have been with plusnet for about two months now ,before plusnet i was with aol and sky compared to them this has to be the poorest internet provider i have used up to date ,not only is it slow but web pages often dont bother opening because it takes that long, i suppose one could say well your on the £5.99 package ,maybe this is so,but it is using the same line and exchange that both aol and sky used,altho i think sky may have been a little different, there speeds were 7.5 meg and at least 6 meg from aol and i never had trouble browsing, about 3 meg is the norm for plusnet and browsing the internet would depress you, i have contacted support,and i have no doult it will be me testing all my equipment, funny because never had to do this with any of the other providers,,best wishes Brian Cry ps i think its off to O2 for me
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Posts: 1,649
Thanks: 66
Fixes: 2
Registered: 17-06-2007

Re: this is so very poor

Just wondering what has happened to change your view from :
Quote
i have to admit when i joined plusnet i thought i had made a mistake ,i had a problem where my broadband would stop or go off ,i was not very happy ,even tho plusnet said,they knew of the fault and they would fix it right away,well to my amazement  they did, and very quickly,and from that day on which i know was only one month ago it just keeps getting better all the time,it just works and i am really pleased ,so thanks plusnet,best wishes Brian Cheesy Cheesy Wink      ps at £5.99 i feel like im robbing them lol
pierre_pierre
Grafter
Posts: 19,757
Registered: 30-07-2007

Re: this is so very poor

I have just read back through your 14 postings, and nowhere have you ever given this forum any information as to what your problem is.
I.E where you on LLU with your previous two ISP's as this will give you a completely different speed system to then.
I am also on the Value package and am luck to have a good line, but due to the Odd Bods being busy in the Evenings, we all suffer, but not that much in my case.  That is why PN publishes the fact that they do speed limit in the Evening
Have you considered that you are on an 18 month contract and will have to pay the rst of the 16 months if you try and jump ship?
Now stop being Awkward and ask the correct questions of this forum
Community Veteran
Posts: 6,111
Thanks: 1
Registered: 05-04-2007

Re: this is so very poor

Pierre, that's uncalled for - Plusnet customers are not under some kind of contractual obligation to use the forums if they have a problem. Please therefore refrain from moaning at users for not doing so - particularly fairly new ones!
Now, please let's let the thread continue without brandishing negative words at each other and instead focus on sorting out the OP's problem if indeed he wants to call on the community's collective help.
scarrabri
Grafter
Posts: 26
Registered: 18-05-2009

Re: this is so very poor

Quote from: SteveA
Just wondering what has happened to change your view from :
Quote
i have to admit when i joined plusnet i thought i had made a mistake ,i had a problem where my broadband would stop or go off ,i was not very happy ,even tho plusnet said,they knew of the fault and they would fix it right away,well to my amazement  they did, and very quickly,and from that day on which i know was only one month ago it just keeps getting better all the time,it just works and i am really pleased ,so thanks plusnet,best wishes Brian Cheesy Cheesy Wink      ps at £5.99 i feel like im robbing them lol

  yes i will tell you what happend the problem was sorted and lasted a couple of weeks,and has been been at slow speed ahead ever since
scarrabri
Grafter
Posts: 26
Registered: 18-05-2009

Re: this is so very poor

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I have just read back through your 14 postings, and nowhere have you ever given this forum any information as to what your problem is.
I.E where you on LLU with your previous two ISP's as this will give you a completely different speed system to then.
I am also on the Value package and am luck to have a good line, but due to the Odd Bods being busy in the Evenings, we all suffer, but not that much in my case.  That is why PN publishes the fact that they do speed limit in the Evening
Have you considered that you are on an 18 month contract and will have to pay the rst of the 16 months if you try and jump ship?
Now stop being Awkward and ask the correct questions of this forum
  i Really dont care what you think and i certainly never asked for your opinion, i did not join plusnet to be asking for help every other week ,if you ask 02 customers what they think of customer service most of them will reply they have  not had much to do with them because they dont need them ,yet on here  now thats a different story  ,there seems to a way on this forum if you complain,then one is being Awkward  ,time to wake up as this is indeed a very poor provider ,best wishes
Community Veteran
Posts: 1,100
Registered: 05-04-2007

Re: this is so very poor

Quote from: scarrabri
I have been with plusnet for about two months now ,before plusnet i was with aol and sky compared to them this has to be the poorest internet provider i have used up to date ,not only is it slow but web pages often dont bother opening because it takes that long....

Although my opinion and experience of Plusnet have been different to your own I am curious why you decided to jump ship from your previous ISPs to join Plusnet.
scarrabri
Grafter
Posts: 26
Registered: 18-05-2009

Re: this is so very poor

Quote from: Spider
Although my opinion and experience of Plusnet have been different to your own I am curious why you decided to jump ship from your previous ISPs to join Plusnet.

in answer to your question i left sky because i no longer needed the tv as i had bought free sat and i must say skys broadband was brilliant ,the only problem with sky is they made it hard to leave , infact if they did just broadband i would never have left, i was very uncertain after reading so many bad reports about plus net if it was the right thing to do ,so i only have myself to blame
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]
dick:green Quote tags fixed mod:end
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Posts: 10,540
Registered: 18-07-2007

Re: this is so very poor

Hi scarrabri,
Sorry to hear you're not having good service at the moment. I can see that you raised a ticket the other day, this was responded to on the same day and is awaiting response from yourself. If your line is faulty I'd recommend raising us a fault via http://faults.plus.net and we can pick it up from there.
scootie
Grafter
Posts: 4,799
Registered: 03-11-2007

Re: this is so very poor

Quote
if you ask 02 customers what they think of customer service most of them will reply they have  not had much to do with them because they dont need them

have a look on there forum you will see the real picture there and the downsides of o2 slaping so many connections on exchange that they no is over capicity it can take them many months to get round to increasing the capicity at exchanges. i will give you £50 if you can find a staff comment on there forum. am allways very  Huh of comapnys that hide things behing closed doors.
i like the fact PN allow us to voice are opions publicly on there offical forum and get responces from all levels of staff memembers inculding the CEO every now and then. and its not uncommon to bump into staff members on other forums around the net giving surrport there to plusnet customers.
as for PP's post i think hes just getin at if you give hard facts about the problem then staff and customers with the knowledge can supplement the offical phone an ticket fault reporting system and in many caeses problems get sorted unofficaly here before PN and BTw have fhinshed playing ticket tenneis with each other.
For a start would you kindly pull your line stats from router if your running the PN supplied thompson these are the login details you need http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php#43 if not look for yours on there
tobykim
Grafter
Posts: 105
Registered: 25-02-2009

Re: this is so very poor

If it's o2 LLU then there's not problem all seems fine with that, however if it's o2 Access (ipstream) that's another story all together, although at the moment it seems ok however the last time that happened it lasted all of 2 weeks. o2 Access is heavily oversubscribed and some people have reported that it is unusable at all in the evenings, I did use it when it first started but got out during the 30 day guarantee, I've seen posts from people who have had to stay for the full 12 months of their contract and boy have they suffered