cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

that was quick...

stuck
Rising Star

that was quick...

...PN have irritated me to the point of walking away within two weeks of signing up!
Having browsed this forum it seems that PN's supposed excellent customer service is not quite what one might expect.  Undaunted I decided to try out PN but being a cautious person (and with a very old PC) I only signed up for dial-up.
How refreshing to find that the abysmal customer service so eloquently set out here is in fact all TRUE.
I can dial-up but I can't log in to my email account.  When I asked over the phone, how long to fix it 24/48hrs? there was a telling pause before I was told, just keep checking.  Come on, how hard is it to set up a mailbox?
A question was raised in the 'my questions' section of my member centre and I've added a couple of comments to it but the silence is deafening.
I'm going to stick with my existing ISP.  For the record that's Orange, yes Orange the ISP that everyone really slags off for poor customer service but I've had dial-up with them from when they first launched as Freeserve and never had any problems in nearly 10 years.  Why did I consider leaving them?  They are expensive.  Now I know why PN is cheap, you get what you pay for.
stuck
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: that was quick...

Hi Stuck,
That's not a great tale so far. However I think I've found the silver lining in the cloud, your email is now working.
I won't go into massive detail but basically the backend storage for your mail service hadn't been created correctly upon signup. I sent a new test email to it which forces the storage to be created and it's now working.
Sorry about the problems you've had and I hope we can change your mind about Plusnet.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
stuck
Rising Star

Hmm, the time on the message shows the issue was being addressed as I typed out my rant so at least you weren't just reacting, you were actually doing something.
Yes, I can confirm it is working now.
I will give you stay of execution and see how things go over the next few weeks.
stuck
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Stuck, to be brutally frank, there may be the odd occasion where PN foul up badly, but the standard of support that can be provided here in the forums is usually more than enough to make up for that. Stick with it, if you have any problems post in the Community Support board, or the most relevant sub/other forum and there is usually someone that can help, from other knowledgeable customers to PN staff.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Stuck,
Thanks for posting back and letting us know it's sorted, I'm happy to help.
As Anotherone says, there are a lot of knowledgable people around on these forums who can help with nearly anything tech related you can throw at them!
Once again, sorry this wasn't resolved first time.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
scootie
Grafter

hi stuck welcome to PN and forum
iam sure your opinion of PN will soon be diffrent  Smiley
i will it my dog lead if it dose'nt  Wink
as anotherone has said there can be the odd big foul up but i find the way PN goes about solving these foul ups and making a unhappy customer a happy one is far better than any other isp.
also this forum is run by customers not PN staff.
so unlike other isp's if some one posts about a major problem or somthing that dosent look gd on plusnet.
plusnet staff cant delete that post and hide the fact. which is one of the reasons PN have gd customer service rep as they fix problems not just sweap them under the carpet