cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sorry to be leaving plusnet

janmayen

sorry to be leaving plusnet

Well we was looking forward to a long stay plusnet but, seems its not to be and we are moving to a provider who can supply the sort of service we need. The problem is centered around the calling of moble numbers from our phone, we have teenagers here who fail to understand that there is a bill to be payed each month and, iv read several postings of customers with the same problem. this means we have a restricted service half way through our billing month. Topping up is not the answer, both my self and my wife are disabled and the telephone is important, our bills are payed each month with no problem so i resent being told to top up half way through the month  becouse my line is restricted so as i said we are moving to a provider who can help us with the mobile phone problem.as i said sorry to go plus net is ok but not for us.
6 REPLIES 6
warbleeder
Grafter

Re: sorry to be leaving plusnet

PN need to implement a service where they can block mobile calls if needed... i know BT and talk talk offer these services ... so i dont understand why PN wont... i have myself asked pn on serveral occations about this but they apprently have no plans to implement such a service
pierre_pierre
Grafter

welcome to the Forum Janmayan.
But what has mobile phone calls got to do with broadband?, they are phone calls on the telephone
or have you got Skype or Voip enabled, much easier to cancel those and make them just use their own mobile
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

pp - home phone and they want to block calls to mobiles, simples Wink Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Sorry just woke up from after lunch knap wasnt thinking
Mand
Grafter

Hey there,
We can't currently block mobile calls (this is not a feature we offer at the moment, but has been requested a fair bit recently). However we can increase your credit limit (this would stop you getting call barred mid-month).
Is that any good to you?
David_W
Rising Star

An even simpler (and cheaper) solution is to get a cheap mobile phone contract.  Tesco will give you 250 minutes a month for £7.50, Plusnet charge 12.5p or 7.5p a minute so lets take the average as 10p/min because the maths is easier, if you were to use PN to call a mobile for 250 minutes it would cost you £25 so the saving there is pretty significant!  Just use the mobile  to call mobiles and the land line to call landlines (by doing that ourselves, our monthly bill went from almost £50/month down to £18/month + £10 for the mobile phone).