cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slippery slope and rough start, hope things get better.

twentysix

slippery slope and rough start, hope things get better.

was simple and quick enough to join, but then the lack of updates was bit of a shock. we had to phone up to find out that an engineer had to come out to survey the area and then discuss installation. been several days without internet now, whats killing us is that engineer is booked for 18th. what the jeffff!!!!!! why is everything taking so long???
please make my day and give me internet access sooner. withdrawal symptoms are kicking in. Crazy
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: slippery slope and rough start, hope things get better.

Hi there,
I've checked over your account and can see we've booked an engineer for the phone installation. This has taken longer than ideal simply as your address doesn't exist in the ordering systems. Normally addresses show as 'gold' or 'silver', gold means order with normal timescales, silver generally needs a survey but unfortunately your address was neither of these. So we've had to request a survey to get your line added and then arrange an engineer for the earliest date available. Sorry this is taking longer than ideal.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
twentysix

New connections at new build homes

Hi Chaps,
the engineer has now been and gone for over a week, even though they did not turn up on the day but two days later (without warning). that was a painful 2 & 1/2 weeks wait without the net since signing up. its not as bad as some peoples experience as i've read/heard.
we had the text/confirmation that the broadband is all set up and running, but we are still having connection problems and still not internet. whats going off guys, is it up and running or not?
cheers
twentysix
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note
Topics merged.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
twentysix

thank you strat.
i couldn't see the thread earlier, prob too much coffee so eyes were like  Cheesy