cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sick tierd n fed up......

warbleeder
Grafter

sick tierd n fed up......

3 months ive been telling u theres a falt with my phone (crackling on the line and broadband dropping.... 2 engineers out to my house ... and a 3rd up the pole.... now my broadband is screwed
i now download a max of 25 bloody k
and god forbid i load a webpage when im downloading because my speed then drops to a awsome 5-10k

this is stupid this should have been sorted long ago.... i updated my ticket and asked a question... guess what no reply (2 nearly 3 days later) on the phone and on hold forever
7 REPLIES 7
warbleeder
Grafter

Re: sick tierd n fed up......

downloading open office right now..127meg file and 4 hours to download
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi warbleeder,
Sorry to hear that you're still seeing these problems, after running a few faults checks on the line I can see that this is still pulling up issues with the service and identifying this as something that BT need to continue to investigate.
It seems that this has been done on your faults ticket and I also note that this has been passed over to one of the Team Leaders today to pick up and chase for you. As such you should see some movement on this soon and will receive a call back to explain the escalation between 10am and 12pm today.
In the meantime, the banding on your line doesn't appear to be holding back your speeds and neither does the speed profile on your account on our side so this is definitely a more complex matter that need further investigation by our supplier.
Please let us know how you get on after the call back today and I'll keep an eye on this thread for you.
warbleeder
Grafter

ok well this dont seem too good
i found out one of my issues... not realy my fault but... i still use the netgear WNR1000 and it seems this has been the problem
i loged on around 5:15pm and told it to search for firmware update ... it fdidnt find anything so i went to netgear website and downloaded one (for all regions apart from north america and forced it onto router
no it works fine faster than it ever has been (since i moved house atleast)  added attachment of new software on router and heres a direct link for anyone els
http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/Disclaimer.aspx?redirecturl=http://netgeardownload.registria.co...[sku]=wnr1000v3&download_url=http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNR1000v3/WNR1000_V1.0.2.62_60.0.87.zip
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning warbleeder,
Glad to hear that you've seen change with this and can't quite believe a simple firmware update improved the issue!
Just to check, it seems that you've seen improvement however this hasn't totally rectified the matter, is that correct? If so then we need to forge ahead with the fault and see where further investigation takes us.
Let me know where this sits and I'll advise on the best course to take.
Thanks,
warbleeder
Grafter

yea thats right adam .... scott in tech is dealing with it personaly andd calls me every morning (when he gets into work) and updates me ........hes been realy helpfull
to what ive been told its a copper joint issue.... but as per usual bt dont know their left foot from right.... and atmo its been delayed at their end
p.s regarding the firware update this did fix my wifi timeout issue however i later tried to update to the next version of firmware and it bricked my router  Cry (so i would advise people to upgrade only to the link i used and dont upgrade further) if anyone need to that is
luckyly for me my dad (who is also PN fiber customer had a spare netgear so i stole it off him  Wink upgraded to firmware link above and left it there been back online for over a hour now speeds has been patchy (fast then slow) but ive delt with it for long enough so a little extra wont hurt Smiley
i appreciate you and scott heping me just ashame about the bt end Sad
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning warbleeder,
Glad to hear that everything seems to be under way but bad news about bricking the router  Undecided pretty lucky that you could lay your hands on another with ease!
Well keep us informed on how you get on with this and in the meantime, if you need an update and Scott isn't around then just give us a shout and we should be able to take a look into this for you.
warbleeder
Grafter

will do thanks adam upgrading router firmware has not fixed the speed issues ive been having (guessing the increase of speed mahy have been to the router been reset)
but its fixed the wifi probems i was having so one down one to go Smiley should get a call of scott some time soon so figers crossed bt got back to him
thanks again