cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shocked at the level of poor service i am receiving (phone and broadband)

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: shocked at the level of poor service i am receiving (phone and broadband)

HI RyanGould,
From what I can see your cabinet is planned to have fibre from March 2012 so we'll definitely be happy to supply you with that.
Jojo Smiley
RyanGould
Grafter

March?
Don't you mean December 31st?
RyanGould
Grafter

I had a look and it's been put back till march.
How come it's been put back 3 months ?
Force9Original
Grafter

Openreach at their finest  Roll_eyes
You've not had the best of luck with them, line lenght changing after the fault/switch over & now a date put back....
Least the wholesale checker still gives a date , many cabs have droped of completly on the lastest update.
cheers f9o
RyanGould
Grafter

We haven't had any luck at all tbh, all this and to add to it our new ISP just can't be bothered to switch us  over to them.
I've never had so many issues tbh
Force9Original
Grafter

Is it talk-talk by any chance ?
RyanGould
Grafter

No bud, definately not going with talk talk. Back in the day my parents were with them and talk talk had a low low connection speed.
Force9Original
Grafter

Talk-Talk 's, Opal / C&W network is not bad . Some of the talk-talk  resellers offer excellent unthrottled/unrestriced packages with low pings & latency.
Its  talk talk residential that takes the biscuit as you've pointed out  Smiley
I think, sky & aol were the other LLU on your exchange ?  Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick and your staying with in the BT network?
Hope it works out soon for you  Wink
cheers f9o
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: RyanGould
How come it's been put back 3 months ?

When BT/Openreach set a date for fibre as being the end of a quarter (end of March, June, September or December) it is really a placeholder to say that the are aiming at having fibre running sometime in the 3 months up to that date. It only means they hope to be ready by then, and it *never* means that the service is expected to go live on that particular date.
Then 2 weeks before that date (just as people's hopes are raised) they run through the database, and change all such placeholders into the one for the next quarter - i.e. apparently a whole 3 months delay. Hence your change to 31st March, with just a couple of weeks left until their old target.
The whole process is pretty much guaranteed to infuriate customers!
When your cabinet (and exchange) is truly ready, that placeholder will change into a real date, usually less than 14 days into the future (and sometimes as low as 1 day away). *That* is the real indication of the go-live date.
The ironic thing is that this process of moving all placeholders back by 3 months - a purely admin process - bears no relation to the real installation work going on out in the field. Your cabinet might only be delayed by a month, but the date shift is always 3 months (and, if things continue to go wrong, you might yet suffer further 3-month delays). An even worse aspect is that (for some lucky souls) some cabinets that *were* dated 31st Dec, and have then shifted to 31st March, will get a further change this week and go live next week or in the gap between Christmas & new year. That happened locally a year ago, and happened to my cabinet 9 moths ago.
It is a truly bizarre planning/information system - it satisfies *no-one*!
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
RyanGould
Grafter

i just want a stable internet connection thats semi fast ie upto 20Mbs. thats it, it would seem that this is nigh on impossible to obtain at this moment in time.
believe it or not our PN connection (although still under 5Mbs) has been stable since we agreed to cancel. im going to ring our new provider in a moment and cancel, its been 3 weeks and they still havent got back to me letting me know my modem has been dispatched.
Force9Original
Grafter

Makes sence to stay, if things are stable & your planning on FTTC. 
Maybe Plusnet can help, with dealing with your other provider?
Cheers f9o
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Ryan Gould - Sorry to hear that, though obviously thanks for sticking with us. If there's anything we can do before fibre is available for you please let us know, I'd be happy to try and get you a better speed but am conscious that you need the connection to remain stable.
@F9O - not sure if we can to be honest, I suppose if there was an order to move the phone line over then we could cancel that as long as we had a written request to do so from Ryan but otherwise there's not really much we can do.
RyanGould
Grafter

I dont know whats going on tbh, its like they dont want my money.
ill give them a chance to ring back but if they dont i will just leave the connection how it is now
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Be careful - if you gave them a MAC or it is LLU they may initiate the transfer without sending a router then you could lose out
RyanGould
Grafter

I had thought of that tbh.
i think its a very strange way to run a business tbh