cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serious issues

StephenF
Grafter

serious issues

Hi, i raised a ticket a while ago about me bringing two customers to your service, when i did this i was supposed to receive £25 worth of vouchers for each person i invited, which means i was supposed to receive £50 in total, i haven't received anything at all, and my ticket has been ignored.
secondly, my service at home is, as usual, excellent. however, over christmas i decided to come and stay at my inlaws for a couple of weeks, bringing my computer over, discovering that their plusnet experience is a far cry away from my own, and the connection issues are constant, with lots of lag spike issues. i would appreciate it if you could check the connection and inform me if there is something wrong because its almost unusable at times and definitely not worth the price they are paying for it.
Thanks
OH! and Merry Christmas!
13 REPLIES 13
StephenF
Grafter

Re: serious issues

bump.
wouldn't want to get ignored a second time
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

In case you haven't noticed it is Christmas and there won't be any staff on duty until probably Wednesday so don't be so impatient
Not applicable

Plusnet customer services is staffed for the holiday so you could telephone if you wish, but will only be able to give general advice until the backup staff are back at work.
Firstly though you might want to check all the connections, including any extensions that they might have.
Have a look here to see if you can find anything to help.
Next, is the line still in its 10-day training period?  It can take a bit longer than this to settle down.
Before reporting a fault PN like you to try the connection direct from the main socket and also require 3 BT speed tests at different times of day/night.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Poppy, did you notice, they are comparing chalk with cheese, his house is Ok, their one isnt, it might be up the side of a mountain for all the information we have been given
CSV phone number is Residential Support 0845 140 0200 All day, every day
as far as this forum is concerned office hours for staff starts about 9:00 next Wednesday
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

For the vast majority of posts in here the PN staff can identify the account from the username on here by tracing back the registration. However the OP is complaining about a problem on somebody else's connection.
So not only is he expecting the ridiculous by thinking someone would pick up his post during the holiday (these forums are supported by Plusnet staff who work standard 5 day a week office hours which exclude weekends and bank holidays), he is also expecting them to be psychic and know which account he's talking about. Angry

[me=jelv]suspect too much Xmas cheer when the original post was made![/me]
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
StephenF
Grafter

Why thank you for helping me with your sterling powers of perception oldjim! but my point was, plenty of other communing going on in the forum and i didn't want mine to be buried when the staff (whom i actually care for a reply from) respond. so i am not being impatient, even though i have every right to be as my ticket was blatantly ignored
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

/*cough
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_bump
Bumping of posts
"Bumping" is the act of adding to a thread just to get your topic back to the top of the list in a forum and should not be done.
Users who keep bumping their topics face action that may include the locking of the topic and / or removal of forum access.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi StephenF,
Regarding your original question. You opened the ticket on 16/11/2010 at 14:52. We replied just over 18 hours later at 03:40 on the 18th asking for more information but as you didn't reply the ticket was closed 14 days later, as with all tickets that have not been responded to.
As for your in-laws connection they would be much better to contact our 24 hour support line for advice as even if you did provide me the username there would be only certain things I could pass on to you as any account specific information could be seen as a breach of data proection.
Jojo Smiley
StephenF
Grafter

well since the phone line support is a joke, ill get them to post here. username is juliegrinney
I never actually recieved any email or notification that i recieved a response to my ticket.
Not applicable

well since the phone line support is a joke,

What makes you say that? If you check HERE the queue currently stands at only 7 customers although today is a bank holiday.  Customer Services is open 24 hours a day so there should be ample opportunity to call in.
BTW did you check the help pages as suggested?  Also, if you would like to post more details of the fault plus router statistics someone might be willing and able to help sort this problem.
Mand
Grafter

Hi Stephen,
I've looked at the account and can't see anything obvious wrong (the line looks stable with connections for days at a time, the profile is 7150, which is the highest you can get, they haven't gone over the usage allowance and the account is in the right state).
If you could give more information as to what you're doing when you have problems that would help (is it just on certain traffic or at certain times of day etc)?
We can remove interleaving and see if that improves the ping but without more information I wouldn't want to do that.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I bet there's nothing wrong with the connection and it's a wireless issue!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

That's a distinct possibility, as is exchange congestion, traffic management, software issues, etc etc.