cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router problems

sandrabluey2

router problems

Oh hi all just want to share my experience with yous  . Before i changed from BT to Plusnet a needed to know a few things . I play a game called company of heroes and with BT  i could connect to any one all my freinds so before moving over from broadband to fibre optiic i wanted to know if there would be any problems connecting .now its a well known fact that the BT routers are not very compatable with company of heroes and BT sent me 3 which ended up in the bin in which case i had to buy my own well gues what the router Plusnet has the same insides as the BT homehub and now i cant play on my game i have signed up for 18 months and unless i buy myself a new router which because is a fibre optic router will cost me over 100.oo pounds .iI am so livid plus net assured me there would be no mproblems  my major fear was not being able to play on my game . i know it sounds sad but its my hobby and love it.18 months to  go  bye bye plusnet
6 REPLIES 6
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: router problems

Hi,
Can we clarify some things?
BT supplied 3 routers that did not work and you bought one - my reading of your post is that these were used with a fibre modem - true/false?
If that is true, then just change the username/password to your Plusnet set and use that with your connection.
Why would a router cost GBP100, unless you are getting an ASUS (or similar) or being ripped off?
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

welcome to the forums sandrablue2 Smiley
not sure why you think it would cost you over £100 to replace the router, here is the one I use for less than half that http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-Rangemax-Wireless-Router-Cable/dp/B002EN8F8K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=...
What platform are you playing it on?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak

Quote from: PeeGee
that is true, then just change the username/password to your Plusnet set and use that with your connection.

the customer has moved over on to fibre, so their adsl router wouldn't work..
Customer / Moderator
PeeGee
Pro

Quote from: dvorak
the customer has moved over on to fibre, so their adsl router wouldn't work..

That wasn't clear to me from sandrabluey2's post, hence my first question (though I keep forgetting that I seem to be unusual in talking about modem/routers  Roll_eyes )
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
dvorak

Quote from: sandrabluey2
so before moving over from broadband  to fibre optiic i wanted to know if there would be any problems connecting .

my bold Smiley
Customer / Moderator
PeeGee
Pro

...  but no indication of a change of supplier Shocked Anyway, my original response was designed to obtain definitive information and enable an unambiguous useful response. Huh
Also, there's probably a TP-Link router (not a modem/router) that will be adequate for the task for less than GBP20  Roll_eyes
Still, that's enough banter  Crazy