cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reward customer loyalty

Jacpott
Hooked

Re: reward customer loyalty

Thanks for the offer to speak to one of your advisors but I spoke with one before posting,;my point was Plusnet emailedso you need to change your policy of discrinating against existing customers me a renewal offer saying that it was as good as any offer made to new customers which I queried by stating an offer made to new customers that was better than the offer made to me so you need to change your policy of discriminating against existing customers or redraft your standard email to renewal customers by omitting the statement that the offer you are making "is as good as any made to new customers".

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @Jacpott

We do often offer cashback to existing customers and we don't always offer cashback to new customers.

I'm still happy to arrange that call back if you'd like to take me up on it. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jacpott
Hooked

I tried to take up your offer by sending you 2 private messages but have had no contact from an advisor.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

From what I can see you've only sent us one private message and that was on Thursday.

Apologies for the delayed response though, we've been incredibly busy since then.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jacpott
Hooked

Thanks for arranging the call from an advisor re. my renewal-it turned out to be pointless however, when he just repeated the offer I had already been given-so, as I said in a previous post, I will be voting with my feet and I advise any other P/N existing customer to do the same on renewal.

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I'm out of contract with plusnet , and the cost has  gone up somewhat , i was waiting to see if plussnet would make use of openreaches project equinox and offer FTTP at a lower/same price as fttc, and then move to fttp .

However, despite reports from various people ( including someone at Plusnet ) stating fttp will be coming soon it seems like this is now in the realms of sometime maybe perhaps never - although for now i can live with fttc fttp is coming and its the future however if the price isnt right then fttc it will be

at some point i intend to see if they still price match with competitors- at one time plusnet would match competitors deals.

I've been with plusnet since at least October 2006( the oldest email from plusnet ) and have so far managed to get a good deal, upon renewal however the withdrawl of line rental saver has made me look a bit deeper.

I still want a call package - such as anytime calls

So the Deal on the table is the equivalent of this

Plusnet Fibre Extra , plus anytime calls for £22/month for a 12-month contract -  total cost £264 / year

that is what Now TV offer here: https://www.nowtv.com/broadband#ib-section-section-2

Plusnet offer fibre extra on a 12 month deal at £26.99/month and calls are about £10/month which will cost £443.88 over 12 months

Sumary:

Plusnet £443.88 for 12 months

Now £264 for 12 months

thats one heck of a difference

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@pint 

When you look at it the baseline difference it's £3 per month. That's Plusnet being £2 more expensive for broadband and £1 per month more for Anytime calls.

The massive difference is the new customer sweetener. Rather than a reward card, NOW offer free anytime calls for a year, worth £96. Dress it up either way, it's this new customer sweetener that makes the significant difference.

So it's worth the swap if you don't mind going through the process every year.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

We do often price match another provider’s offer so I’d highly recommend calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to talk things through. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button