cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reward customer loyalty

irishwhip
Dabbler

reward customer loyalty

My contract renewal date is coming soon, and I've had the review emails and a renewal offer, but a brand new customer would get the same package for £1 per month less + a £50 prepaid mastercard.
Admittedly not a huge difference over the course of 18 months, but it still rankles.

22 REPLIES 22
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: reward customer loyalty

Hi @irishwhip, thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear that you're not happy with your renewal offer, I would advise to give our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 to discuss your available renewal options further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@irishwhip 

Or put another way, loyalty is a one way process. To get a decent deal you have to ring in and haggle. It helps if you are armed with a cheaper price from a competitor. To be fair, this process has always worked for me without a long wait on the phone, so is worth the hassle.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

irishwhip
Dabbler

Some people find haggling distasteful, others may have social anxiety and would rather not deal with phone calls.
Just make the renewal offers as good as or better than the new customer offers.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@irishwhip 

I’m not disagreeing with you at all, I’m just trying to advise you how to get a better offer.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@irishwhip wrote:

Some people find haggling distasteful, others may have social anxiety and would rather not deal with phone calls.
Just make the renewal offers as good as or better than the new customer offers.

Fully agree.

Totally wrong that even customers renewing their contracts could end up paying a different price.

Imagine going into a shop and buying the same item as another customer but he gets charged 10% less at the till for no logical reason.

Then PN wonder why some long term customers leave.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Jacpott
Hooked

Same thing happened to me today- armed with numerous examples of cheaper and faster deals,I spoke to customer service querying why they sent me a renewal offer (which they said "matched any offer made to new customers) and quoted an MSE offer of PLUSNET with the same monthly rental + a £75 credit card payment! customer service reply-"we don't offer vouchers to existing customers up for renewal"-my reply to customer service "ok,I'll vote with my feet"!These companies are not going to change their "abuse" of loyal customers until it hurts them in their pocket so my advice is-go to the MSE site and see the offers ther to switch.

Jacpott
Hooked

Read my post and post a reply please!

Jacpott
Hooked

It didn't work for me-I spoke with the customer service team and quoted lower switch offers available on the MSE (MONEY SUPERMARKET EXPERT ) including a PN OFFER TO NEWBIES that included my renewal offer +£75 credit card payback and a shorter contract period (12 months).I queried the PN renewal email which staed that my offer was as good or better than any available to new customers-the answer I was gived was "we don't give credit card payback to renewal customers". So my advice is vote with your feet and check out the MSE site for details of switching!  

Jacpott
Hooked

Why are you cancelling my posts including my previous one to you? What's the point of a community site that Plusnet can censore?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@Jacpott  All 4 of your posts are visible to me, what is your problem?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Posts released from automated spam filter.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jacpott
Hooked

My posts were only available on the site after I complained and the team sent me an email  stating they had now been released "from automatic spam filter"-my real problem is ,as an existing customer PN are discriminating against me when compared to newbies. 

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@gleneagles wrote:

Imagine going into a shop and buying the same item as another customer but he gets charged 10% less at the till for no logical reason.

In the case of a big local Co-op the 10% less went to students. After a couple of years of this "brilliant" scheme it was obvious ordinary customers were subsidising others. The ordinary customers voted with their feet and the Co-op realised too late they couldn't survive on cut price students. It's a Pound shop now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Jacpott and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see we haven't been able to offer you cashback upon your renewal with us.

We don't always offer this I'm afraid however I'll be happy to arrange for an adviser to call you back to double check and see if there's absolutely anything we can do to keep you as a customer. Can you drop me a private message with a contact number we can get you on and a rough time-frame you'd be free for a call?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet