cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems

emilys
Hooked

problems

I bought the plusnet offer on the 27.10.14, chose today in the afternoon for the engineer to come install the phone line, as plusnet tested and said we didn't have one.  We do have a box on the wall with bt openreach on. I assume this is the phone line the previous owners had.  I paid £49.99 for this installation service, yet come today no engineer has shown up. Have I been miss charged for a service not needed?  I also had an email from plusnet at 1 this morning, saying my phone line was active despite no visit from said engineer.  Ten minutes later another email came though saying there was a problem with my order, despite me paying on the 27th. I tried asking a question in the support section of the site but have heard nothing.  On checking my order status it shows a message saying there have been problems but plusnet are working on it,  then says internal note order cancelled.  Upon checking my account status it says that everything has gone through apart from the router. Can anyone help?
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: problems

Hi emilys,
It seems that a line didn't need to be installed as originally suspected. Due to that the engineer was able to activate the line remotely without needing to visit, I'm sorry you weren't contacted about that. I've refunded the £49.99 line install fee because this means it's not needed.
The cancelled order you've noticed is for broadband. The order for the line activation hadn't closed off at the time we submitted the order. In the event of that our systems will try to place the order again on the next working day.
Just to make sure things are moving along now whilst I've been working on your account I've placed that order manually so please expect broadband to be active in 5 to 7 working days from today.
With regards to the router we dispatch those to arrive a day or two prior to broadband activation.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
emilys
Hooked

Thank you for your help, everything seems to be working really well!  Grin just wondering regarding the refund, as I haven't had anything in my bank yet. Should this have gone through yet?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi emilys,
On a second check of this the refund appears to have not processed correctly. Sorry about that!
I've put it through again, the funds should reach your account within 10 working days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
emilys
Hooked

Maybe I spoke to soon, tried to use my internet yesterday and it didn't work all day. On my router every light is green, except for the internet. When going online it was asking for the router username and password, once that was logged in, it asked for authorisation username and password. Everytime I put this in it came up with network error.  Huh Is it something I'm doing wrong or a connection problem on plusnets side of things.  Apart from little hiccups like this must say any problems have been rectified quickly and customer service has been brilliant. If I could have feedback on this problem it would be fab. Thanks in advance.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63