cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor

borgred
Dabbler

poor

well all i have to say is this provider is poor,since wasting my hard earned cash its beeen a nightmare,22 december 2012 speed dropped to a quarter of a meg it took
till 7 days ago to get to my original speed of 2.3 meg i had no fault apparently something wrong there end,but still have the cheek to charge you full price.well it gets better
i have been with this shower for just over a year and in that year i moved and the home move was free not,it is nltill you are not happy and want to move supplier.they did not inform me that if i moved before my contract ends in july that i would be charged £65 for the free move bearing in mind i had to pay yet another 50 to get connected again.i cant tell you how angry i am but has for one of there customer service team to say to me that 1.5 million happy customers cant be wrong well it only takes one unhappy one to cost you alot more,another provider that will not be here in 5 years waist of time Angry
12 REPLIES 12
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: poor

Well for a start, Plusnet don't have 1.5 million customers. This sounds really unsatisfactory and I'm sure one of the Digital Care Team will look into this for you in the morning. The House Move fees are detailed in the Ts&Cs but I'm unclear as to why they think you should be charged for that if you've been charged £50 to be connected - I assume after the move the way you've explained it.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi borgred,
Sorry to hear of you dissatisfaction, the house move fee is something we try and provide for free albeit through a deferred contract as we have to pay for the de-activation from the old premises and the activation at the new premises. You do have the option of paying the house move fee when you move address to avoid any deferred contract. This was mentioned in ticket #57093042 which can be viewed at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
I can see that you recently had a phone fault which may have had an impact on your broadband service, how is it at the moment as I see we got to the point of arranging an engineer and it went no further than that? I'd be more than happy to take a look at that for you and see what can be done.
Chris
borgred
Dabbler

more bull god do they train you no one told me that there was a 65 quid charge so thats the facts no fiction
hassle free house move total rubbish,and if i had a line fault that was not repaired because it went no further
then why is my broadband ok now and was not all over christmas and new year no explanation i have had
proper plusnet costomer service,and just to let you know because you seem not to be aware when you renew
or change a contract all info on charges should be told to you there and then thatts not something you should find out after
and thats a fact hope the phone call was recorded because you have wound me up even more you will have to prove it
to get 65p off me now i am leaving this shower and taking further action Angry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Unfortunately I cannot locate this call, this was emailed to you three times to confirm the deferred charges on ticket #57093042  and #57093569 and #57093718
It is part of a house move that my colleague should inform you of the house move fee, or if you wish to the option to pay it up-front. It is something we defer to try and give the customer the best value unless you of course decide to leave prior to the deferred terms ending which you are then charged this fee.
You reported slow speeds to us and also the fact that your noise was on your phoneline after bad weather, we investigated this and was going to send an engineer to attempt to resolve this. No fix was actually taken from this side, so maybe it was weather related?
borgred
Dabbler

well not long now we are in may and june not far away then its bye bye to this provider for the worst broad band service i have ever had and customer service is a joke all they ever do is apologise.
with all the hassle and misinformation i have had and lost service never once have i been offered anything other than an apology you only have to read on this forum to see that.its everywhere to all customers were sorry same old rubbish and its always some ones fault but not theres you provide the service the buck stops at you not every body but you and thats a fact in my stat rights.
since broadband became available this is by far the worst provider i have had the displeasure to use,total rip off Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

So you had a problem with your phone line and from what I can see from your posts you never had it fixed, so it's hardly surprising you've had problems with your Broadband - and when you go, you'll have the same problems with your new supplier - you don't get new wires to the exchange just because you change ISP. And whichever ISP or CP you are with, it's still OpenReach they have to get to maintain the line.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@ Anotherone. Some people deserve to find that out for themselves! Roll_eyes
And not one of his posts have given any of the knowledgeable guys on here more detailed info, in case they might be able to help.
Instead he makes snide comments of others' threads
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
borgred
Dabbler

no theres nothing wrong with it fella thats the exscuse i got my brosd band is fine now and has been since feb and we have a serious bad winds up here since then no probs at all.
no problem with the line thats what they informed me after several test on dif occasions and no probs other than problems on this post code area and not just me,but when you are running on a quarter of a meg for 6 weeks then get no rebate of your payments then thats the deal breaker and its sorry sorry sorry,then when they get it they say ring us up no ring me up or mail me with some sort of action at least, sorry but the customer service is just not there and its not hard and the time it takes payments to clear with these is a joke its like going back 30 year nah every payment i make just ps me off to this company,30 years with bt on the whole sorted its like they say you get what you pay for backi go
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Looks like a fault was raised in January but no engineer was booked and the ticket timed out waiting for a response? Please let us know if there's still problems whether on the phone line or the broadband, we're more than happy to get them investigated for you?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Matt,
Is there a pragmatic way forward here to help this irate user by inspection of their radius log and running some standard remote line tests and distil the results here for him (and others) to see?  Do the system stats actually support the claims?
It seems somewhat unreasonable that users can post quite inflammatory posts here without reference to facts which would enable PN and others to reasonably assist them.  Such practises can project an unjust negative impression here to many, both existing users and potential customers.  I've been a customer over 9 years and can honestly say that in general PN's customer support is first class.  Yes some front line bods do get things a little wrong at times, but overall my experience informs me that problems do get fixed if you help PN to help you.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've moved twice in the last 15 months and both times when I called to make the arrangements the £65 deferred charge was made clear.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion

Well I'm confused, I had got the impression that borgred was charged £65 for a house move which was NOT deferred, why? he's still a customer AND he was charged £50 to be connected. I wish someone from Plusnet could explain that.