cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor house moving service

jm323188

poor house moving service

How shocking the service from plusnet has become lately i rang to advise i was moving house well in advance of my new line becoming active and was advised that the new order would be place the same day and take up to 5 days so shame on me for trusting this advice. i has just recieved a message to say saying the order has been placed today and i now have to wait until the 20th.
so i think instead of "good honest broadband" i think you should change it to "fuck* the customer we just want the money"
Angry
jim:red removal of circumvention of swear filter mod:end
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: poor house moving service

Hi jm323188,
I'm sorry this has taken longer than you expected, however from looking into this it seems that you may need to take a look at when your phone line became active as we are unable to order broadband until that happens.
I've just checked the notes on the relevant support ticket which was raised when you called in on 30/11/10. On that day we updated your ticket with this message:
As discussed, once your telephone line is showing as active we will place your broadband order.

Following several checks as per the status of the line it did not show as active until 11/12/10 hence we place the order as soon as we were able to.
After that we gave you and ETA for completion of the 20th which is 5 working days after the 11th as per the usual lead time.
Please let me know if you are aware of something we are not here or if you have any further concerns.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Adam,
Are you saying that the information on this page is a load of rubbish?
1. Moving phone & broadband
<snip>
In most cases we'll need a week to get your phone and broadband up and running. It can take a bit longer if we need to book an engineer.

2. Moving broadband only
Before you ask us to move your broadband, you'll need to order a telephone line at your new property. With a standard order we'll be able to switch your broadband on about a week after your phone line is up and running. If you ask your provider for a simultaneous order then we'll be able to get your broadband working on the same day that your phone line is installed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No, it would be if you were to assume that the line is with us, however in this case it's not so unfortunately the delay was out of our hands.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Adam, that page indicates in the Broadband Only section that the line does NOT have to be with Plusnet to do a simultaneous provide. So is it correct or not?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That is correct but I can't discuss the fine details of this customer's account or the request they made to us jelv, simultaneous moves are not always applicable or possible, unfortunately in this case it was not.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Then you need to get that page modified to indicate the circumstances under which a sim provide is not possible.
You've hinted that a simultaneous provide was not possible because of the request they made. If it is because of that surely the agent should have recommended the way it should have been done as apparently the user contacted you in plenty of time.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Then you need to get that page modified to indicate the circumstances under which a sim provide is not possible.

Have a look under section 2 here:
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/moving_guide.shtml
How the process works and how long things take depends on your moving circumstances.

There's not much point of us drilling into every possible set of circumstances here as it this page would swamp customers with information and make this confusing. If there have been any failures on our part we'll be honest about this and do all we can to put it right.
apparently the user contacted you in plenty of time.

Yes we don't dispute that at all, we'll continue to address what happened with the customer here, at present it would seem that the delays were due to the provision of a 3rd party phone service taking longer than expected.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Irrespective of how long the third party took, if it was a simultaneous provide the Openretch/BTw job sheet should have had both phone and BB on the same job surely, in that case surely the delay is irrelevant and when the phone eventually went live the broadband should have gone live at the same time.
I suspect the truth of this is that the agent that took the call totally failed to discuss sim. provide when he should and set it up as a standard order, but then compounded his error by giving the estimated timescale as if it was a sim. provide. If that is the case you would have done far better to put your hands up to that than the answer you gave in your first reply.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I suspect the truth of this is that the agent that took the call totally failed to discuss sim

It's not the case, there's nothing relevant I can add to this at the moment. As an when we do I'll update this again for the attention of the OP.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jm323188

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi jm323188,
I'm sorry this has taken longer than you expected, however from looking into this it seems that you may need to take a look at when your phone line became active as we are unable to order broadband until that happens.
I've just checked the notes on the relevant support ticket which was raised when you called in on 30/11/10. On that day we updated your ticket with this message:
As discussed, once your telephone line is showing as active we will place your broadband order.

Following several checks as per the status of the line it did not show as active until 11/12/10 hence we place the order as soon as we were able to.
After that we gave you and ETA for completion of the 20th which is 5 working days after the 11th as per the usual lead time.
Please let me know if you are aware of something we are not here or if you have any further concerns.
Adam.

sorry for the delayed reply (no internet at home you see  :-[)
well something went wrong as the line was active on the 7th as i was making calls from it.
jm323188

Quote from: jelv
Irrespective of how long the third party took, if it was a simultaneous provide the Openretch/BTw job sheet should have had both phone and BB on the same job surely, in that case surely the delay is irrelevant and when the phone eventually went live the broadband should have gone live at the same time.
I suspect the truth of this is that the agent that took the call totally failed to discuss sim. provide when he should and set it up as a standard order, but then compounded his error by giving the estimated timescale as if it was a sim. provide. If that is the case you would have done far better to put your hands up to that than the answer you gave in your first reply.

the order with BT was a working line takeover as it had to change from my girlfriends dads name to here name keeping the same number and they advised because of this it could not be a simultanious order.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've taken a second look at this and the only reason I can honestly see for the delay was us waiting for the BT system that shows us when a line is active to update. This can sometimes day a day or so to update after the actual activation. I'm sorry that this delay has occurred all the same.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team