cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poaching by btinternet

bewick
Grafter

poaching by btinternet

Although I am registered with the Telephone Preference Service I received a phone call from BT this week.
The essence was that they wanted me to switch my phone number and broadband back to BT. (I was never with BT for broadband).
I said I was in a contract with Plusnet (another BT subsidiary) but they said they would buy out my contract. I doubt it since I have just paid my annual line-rental up front!
My response was of course no on the grounds that I have been with PN for years and they are cheaper. I also expressed my concern that one BT subsidiary was trying to poach customers from another subsidiary.  Yeah yeah I know about the chinese walls.
Are others experiencing this?  Is Plusnet aware?
BT of course are buying out EE who also offer landline and broadband. Indeed EE also texted me this week with a very good offer but they have a less reliable service than even btinternet.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: poaching by btinternet

Hi bewick,
Without mentioning this for the sake of splitting hairs over terminology we're actually a totally separate company to BT Internet rather than a subsidiary so it's likely they're using their own marketing data which is unlikely include which ISP you're currently with.
Thanks for mentioning this all the same and for sticking with Plusnet Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Such a call smacks of the wild west internet of five years ago when slamming was commonplace. I would be very suspicious of such an approach today, it sounds too like a scam.
picbits
Rising Star

The quickest way to get rid of a BT salesperson is to ask if they offer a static IP address .......