cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet is the way to go!

halster65
Grafter

plusnet is the way to go!

Hi I just wanted to drop this comment to say how brilliant plusnet have been.
Since i have had fibre installed, i have had no problems, and better still my speed seems to have gone up last few days!
Was downloading at 37mb on newsgroups, but for last week, i am getting 40mb!
which is just brilliant!
I have recommended plusnet to all my friends and family...they are the only ISP who actually care about their customers!
Thanks again Plusnet!
5 REPLIES 5
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: plusnet is the way to go!

Hi halster65,
Thanks very much, It's nice to see positive feedback here.
Jojo Smiley
x47c
Grafter

Yes, likewise here.
Sometimes reading the complaints on these boards one forgets that they are actually a small minority of subscribers.
Indeed I am begining to wonder how some of them would survive at all if thieves stole the telephone cable from the exchange and they were cut off for 2 weeks (as happened in Chalgrove Oxon).
The majority are satisfied and of course such is human nature they don't come on here to say so.
The problem is that the internet is becoming viewed as "essential" and hence people believe it should be subject to the same reliability as more mature services such as gas & electric.
Unfortunantly broadband is more of a developing technology similar to the early days of the motor car: -  it basically worked, some worked better then others and those that had an technical interest in 'car things' got them to work best.  It took a long time before cars became something you got in, turned the ignition and they worked every time.
One feels sorry for the call centre where it must just be an endless stream of "my broadband doesn't work and its all plusnet fault" sort of calls.
I'm just thankful I'm an engineer working in abusiness to business environment and don't have to deal with the public!

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: x47c
The problem is that the internet is becoming viewed as "essential" and hence people believe it should be subject to the same reliability as more mature services such as gas & electric.
Unfortunantly broadband is more of a developing technology similar to the early days of the motor car: -  it basically worked, some worked better then others and those that had an technical interest in 'car things' got them to work best.  It took a long time before cars became something you got in, turned the ignition and they worked every time.

A good analogy! And of course to an extent the same still applies to computers.
In the majority of cases, an angry or belligerent post is from a customer who, to continue the analogy, does not understand "what goes on under the bonnet", and/or the extent to which PN's hands are tied by BT Wholesale and BT Openreach.
High praise must go to the PN Digital Care Team, and the knowledgeable customers who frequent these forums, pouring liberal quantities of oil on troubled waters - it's just one of the admirable qualities of this ISP.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hear, Hear.
Chandu.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

well said  Wink apart from a few minor issues with gaming connections PN has been brilliant !!  Kiss
especially the staff on the forum  Smiley
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .