cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet getting worse

brianjackson

plusnet getting worse

been with plusnet for a while my son ,said it was a good service as he has been with youa while,things where great till just before november ,from noon i could not download nothing,the speeds where terrible ,but as i say before november i had great speeds till at least 4 pm
irang up several times and raised tickets ,isaid i was on unlimited ,the indian woman sad no your not,half an hour later she would not beleive i paid for unlimited i even told her to look what i was paying ,by the way i have the phone package as well.in the end she just said put me on premium with a 80 gig usage .
still having problems from noon raised tickets  now your saying i should try premium,but im on premium im paying 19,99 a month plusnet get your staff to know what packages where on
plus when i was on unlimited it was a contract  where offpeak was midnight to 4pm,now its funny how you dish out premium package with no contract,my sons on unlimited he lives next door to me and he has max downloads till 4pm
12 REPLIES 12
David_W
Rising Star

Re: plusnet getting worse

Before November were you on an older product like Premium?  Premium Option 1 has "peak" times from 4pm-midnight (20Gb cap), the new packages have "peak" times from noon-midnight so you get slower download speeds during those hours (to protect the business customers).  I think if you were on Unlimited and were switched to the 80Gb package which you didn't want, I'm sure one of the PN guys would be able to fix that for you.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I bet you were speaking to SA.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi brianjackson,
You were on Broadband Your Way option 3 when you signed up, and were changed to Unlimited in July last year - both of those account types have  an off peak period of midnight to 8am. The only accounts with the off peak running from midnight to 4pm were the old Premier, Plus and Pay as you Go accounts. Your account type hasn't changed since July, so I'm slightly worried about the phone conversation you mention. Was it on the 17th when you phoned?
Also, have you changed your username since you joined our service? That could explain the history there.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Matt: You've made a slight error there - PAYG has always been 8am to midnight (it doesn't affect the substance of what you've said however).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep you're right Jelv, PAYG is and always has been the same as the current packages. 8am - Midnight.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
brianjackson

been on the phone this morning and i was on unlimited but when the lady on the phone said il change me to premium  in december she changed my sons
account who lives next door to me ,what a stupid error any way now i think its all sorted.
for now
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, sorry to hear that. I'll have a look into that if you don't mind.
In the mean time please post back if there's anything we can look into for you.
brianjackson

so plusnet changed my sons account from unlimited to premium,without telling him ,now i have been changed from un limited to premium,cos you said the speeds r faster ,but they r not,my son could get max downloads from  midnight to4pm
iwas getting the same till november ,when i signed up in july i said i wanted to be on the same as my sons as he reffered me,i just want to be on the product that worked so well till it went wrong in november
have a look at my sons account user name cj26mousey
if this isn sorted  im leaving
pierre_pierre
Grafter

some idiot did similar to me last August, Kick hell and get moved back, but watch your bills
brianjackson

well my son raised a ticket and got back on to his original unlimited  off peak midnight till 4pm great download speeds till 4pm i just dont know why i cant get the same as him as i originally had?
brianjackson

been looking at my sons account and it is premier  20gig usage at peak times ,offpeak  midnight to 4pm this is the deal i was originaly on
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Brian,
I've had a look at your account change history and it's showing you signed up in 2008 originally with  BBYW3 account? These had a peak time of 8am to midnight just like the latest offerings. Having said that if you're unhappy with the Premium I'd be happy to move you back to the Unlimited product you were on before, if you like?