cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet assist

rspcaben

plusnet assist

Hi All
I have just come up with a idea for plusnet assist and was wondering what other members would think the idea came to mind when I was with 02 as they have broadband assistant like our plusnet assist and what you could do is chat with 02 on screen which came in really handy at times as you knew you had a 02 broadband person waiting if you needed help with anything to do with 02 so what would everyone think about having a feature like this in plusnet assist were you can just click chat now and speak to someone from plusnet
Lets put it to the vote
Ben
5 REPLIES 5
TheIslander
Grafter

Re: plusnet assist

I would only use it if was compatible with Firefox or Opera. No way I would use IE.
rspcaben

Yes The Islander when I used it with 02 on theres it ran from the desktop so think it would work with any browser the user has I am not a fan of IE myself thanks for your feedback 🙂
Ben
Heloman
Grafter

http://www.plus.net/support/assist/help.shtml#minRequirements
"17. I don't use Internet Explorer, can I use Plusnet Assist?
We recommend that you use Internet Explorer to download and install Plusnet Assist. You can then use Firefox or other popular browsers and Plusnet Assist will still be able to detect and help you fix connection problems. Sorry, but Plusnet Assist does not support Google Chrome at this time.
Please note: Plusnet Assist can only help configure settings in Internet Explorer."
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

having just moved house, I needed to tell my previous electric & gas supplier, that I no longer needed their electric, but would still need the gas supply....
They (Scottish & Southern Electric) have the facility to "chat" with somebody, and I found it very useful on two counts... the move from them as a supplier, was easier to explain in a "One to One" exchange, rather than on a phone line, as I am "hard of hearing" and have two deaf aids,.. I find it difficult to use the phone with an aid in my ear, as it tends to give a whistle feedback....
Also my broadband, although I advised PN in good time, with the number and date of move, etc... did not go well, ... it would have been good to have a direct contact instead of the stupid delays encountered in the ticket system, when things don`t go according to plan... (either customer plan, or PN plan)
grudkin
Grafter

I voted yes BUT I have issues with Plusnet Assist!
My default email application is Windows Live Mail and every time Plusnet Assist starts it deletes my default email application from the internet settings, so whenever I try to check my email accounts I just get the internet settings box!
Have now unintalled Plusnet Assist and everything is fine again!
Any chance of plusnet getting this issue dealt with or are plusnet going to become more like BT and try to dictate what applications we customers chose to install on our computers?  Crazy