cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ok here goes....

Devonian
Grafter

ok here goes....

My broadband was connected to PlusNet last Tuesday (10th) and up until then, the order process was perfect.
Tuesday afternoon/evening the broadband was rather jittery, and the ping was in the 100's, so I posted on here.
Within a few hours I had a reply telling me BT hadn't completed the order properly, but it was now complete and my connection should be alot better.
JoJo was correct, my connection improved alot.
Now, for the past few days I have got the odd strange email from PlusNet telling me broadband order had failed, and there were problems etc, so I raised a ticket.
I was told its a glitch in the system.
No problem.
I was then given a date for my phoneline swap over from BT to PlusNet as being the day before my birthday... 24th May!
Today, an hour ago, I received a phone call from a chap at the provisioning dept. at PlusNet.
He told me BT had cocked up my order.
Apparantly BT have put a CANCELLATION order on my broadband, instead of an order to change my phoneline!
The chap said PlusNet only just picked upon this, and he was doing all he could to stop the broadband cancellation, and get the phoneline order reactivated!
He also said that he had been on the phone to BT for over an hour, and still hasen't resolved things.
He said that he thinks it will be another month before my phone is connected to PlusNet, and at the moment he is still trying to stop the order to cancel my broadband, and that he will call me tomorrow!!
This all seems rather bizzare to me.
How can a simple broadband migration cause so many problems?
Especially as my connection is working perfectly.. albeit with a large number of errors.
What I'm most worried about now, is that BT are cancelling my account from 24thMay, as that was the order completion date I was given.
BT wont cancel the request to stop my account, because quite simply they are being bloody minded, so I'm going to be left with no phone line, and that will mean no broadband.
Confused, and slightly peeved is what Im feeling at the moment!!!
20 REPLIES 20
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: ok here goes....

Hi there,
Apologies to hear that there have been problems with the order.
I've taken a quick look at your account and admit that the situation looks less than typical. I've never personally known a PSTN transfer order to cancel a DSL migration order. Having said that, most of my experience is with BT Openreach's older phone provisioning system which changed a while back.
Looks like your DSL order completed early (in reality rather than in BT Wholesale's systems). After posting here, JoJo activated your account at our side but what this then did was fire off the PSTN transfer orders. Apparently when this is done without the DSL order completing before-hand it can leads to issues like this.
I'm assured the issue is in hand and that we're doing all we can to escalate the problem with our suppliers.
I suspect you'll receive another update later today...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Devonian
Grafter

Hi Bob,
thank you for the reply.
I just received a call from PlusNet with an update.
Aparantly BT are trying to cancel the order to cancel my broadband, but are saying it is a difficult thing to do, and will update PlusNet in 48 hours.
At the same time my phoneline order has been completely cancelled, to stop it cancelling my broadband!!
I have to admit I am finding it very hard to beleive that something as simple as cancelling an order can be causing so much trouble for BT.
And whats more, I have now found that BT have restricted my phone to incoming calls only.
The reason?
So they can prepare my final bill!!
I'm expecting to arrive home from work tomorrow morning to find my broadband has also been disconnected, after all when it comes to solving even the simplest of problems, BT fail every time.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Devonian
I have to admit I am finding it very hard to beleive that something as simple as cancelling an order can be causing so much trouble for BT.

There's several systems that interact with each other and the actions of one can affect the behaviour of another. Because the systems are essentially owned by different parts of BT, they'll sometimes need to raise what's referred to as a 'bridge case' to get the records corrected.
I recognise the whole situation probably seems trivial, but in reality it's a real PITA to get sorted out Sad
Make sure you keep us informed though and let us know how the situation pans out...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Devonian
Grafter

I have just had an update to my ticket telling me the broadband order will be reveiwed on the 24/05/11 if it hasen't completed by then, no mention of the phone order.
This really is getting silly now.
Its taken 2 weeks so far to migrate my broadband, and not even a date in sight for the phone line migration.
And to top it all, I just received this months bill from BT, which includes a disconnection fee, line rental, broadband rental and tv rental, all for next months, I migrated from BT 2 weeks ago (broadband) they admitted they couldnt supply a decent service and promised to waive all cancelation fees, abviously that is a lie, and on top of that my phoneline is also restricted by them for 2 reasons, I was just told.  1. I havent paid my bill, even though I have refused to do so as I had no broadband, hence no service to pay for, and 2. I was moving to a new provider.
BT also told me that as I was refusing to pay the broadband part of my bill, that technically I owe them an unpaid bill, and will refuse to let me migrate my line to PlusNet.
Im sure this is not legal, but hey, with whats happened so far, what does it matter what I think!
I just phoned PlusNet, the lady was lovely, she has promised to try her best to get things sorted, and has said she will phone me back in half hour to an hour.

Fingers crossed!
Devonian
Grafter

OK the PlusNet lady just rang me back.
She said my broadband order MIGHT be completed on Tuesday.
Asked how more complete it needs to be, seeing as I have using PlusNet supplied broadband for over a week now... she didn't even know I was connected yet!
Apparantly there is STILL a cancellation order going through for my broadband, and the order to cancel the cancellation hasent happened yet!!!
Its like monty python... you couldn't make it up!!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Devonian,
Nothing is 100% definite I'm afraid which is why we tend not to use definitive terminology when giving lead times. On the upside I can see any reason why the order for broadband won't complete on Tuesday.
Bob's away on holiday now so I'll pick this up in his absence and get back to you on tuesday.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

Hi Adam,
thanks for your reply.
What I really dont understand, is my broadband migration date came, the broadband was switched from BT to PlusNet, PlusNet have taken money from my account, I have the pro add on running on my line, the usage meter is working as it should, everything is working as it should, yet apparantly the order hasn't been completed...
What that means to me is an incompetant admin officer somewhere has forgot to press a button on the computer.
And then there is the fact an order to DISCONNECT my newly connected PlusNet broadband has been added to the account, and still hasen't been removed.
As for the phone migration, well I won't even go there at the moment.
This really is turning into quite a joke, and to be honest, if I refer you to an earlier thread I started where I voiced my concerns over joining PlusNet after I found out you are owned by BT, you will see that this is exactly what I was worried about!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Devonian,
I'm sorry to have to advise that there seems to be an issue with the phone transfer, this has in turn put the broadband order in jeopardy. I'm looking into this now with a member of our provisioning team and will come back to you ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

This is absolutely outragious.
I was receiving what I thought was the worst treatment any company could offer, so I chose to leave BT and move to PlusNet.
After having my broadband running for 3 weeks now, I am told today that not only has my broadband order not been handled properly, and closed as it should, I have also been told my broadband is to be cancelled.
And on top of that PlusNet have messed up my phone line order as well.
This means I will be left without any service at all.
Well thanks alot PlusNet.
phil4
Grafter

Won't make it better, but remember that PN rely on BT to do the installs and provide the lines for broadband..... so whatever your previously thought of BT, is what PN are relying on to get you your broadband. 
So try as they like, PN won't always be able to give you the stellar performance and support you like, as they have to rely on BT.
Oh, and PN are owned by BT, so I doubt much will change in the future.
Devonian
Grafter

I know Phil mate, but also know that PlusNet have cocked up my orders from day 1.
I am now about to be left without any phone or broadband because of both BT and PlusNet.
phil4
Grafter

Naff aint it.  Sorry I wasn't trying to excuse PN, more hoping you'd see that some elements won't be PN but BT.  So BT complicit also.
Devonian
Grafter

I know you wernt Phil.
Its both companies at fault, and neither give a damn!
My broadband was activated 3 weeks ago, and suddenly Im told it is being cancelled because the order can't be complete do to incompatibility with my phone line.
The same phone that I have had adsl2+ on for years.
The same phone line that BT supplied broadband to.
This is crazy.
I have just sent an email to Ofcom asking for help, but I doubt I will get a reply.
The only option I'm left with now is another ISP and phone provider.
SOmebody that gives a damn, but to be honest I don't think such a company even exists.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

trouble is 95% of then rely in BT wholesale for the service, they have no choice, even BT broadband have to go through BT Wholesale