cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not impressed so far

IanL
Grafter

not impressed so far

My fibre connection was supposed to be installed today. I had asked for a change of date but nobody got back to me. The BT engineer installed the fibre modem this morning and thought I should be able to connect straight away. After resetting the modem and router numerous times and waiting 15 frustrating minutes every times,  I was later told by Plusnet that I would have to wait for the changes at the exchange and that could be up until midnight. Nowhere in the document you sent with the router does it mention this, nor did anyone tell me this when signed up. I work from home and my connection is essential to me, so that info is of great importance and other arrangement could have been made if I had known I could be without a connection all day. Not impressed.  Angry
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: not impressed so far

Hi there,
I'm really sorry about that. Just checked on the order and it's marked as complete so I've activated your account for you - you should be good to connect whenever you're ready.
I'll have a word with the agent you spoke to and feed back as appropriate.
IanL
Grafter

Still nothing. Just an orange light that's supposed to go green I believe. Are you sure they've done at the exchange?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yep - if the order's marked as complete then everything should be done. Is that light on the modem or the router?
IanL
Grafter

router
IanL
Grafter

The router has still not acquired an IP address... Steady Orange Light  Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I assume you've put the username and password etc into the router? The username will be the username you log into our website with, with the connection realm after it - so if your username was mrsmith it'd be mrsmith@plusdsl.net. The password is also the same one you use to log into the website.
I believe an orange light on the router is an authentication issue so if the username and password are in please double check them.
Hope that sorts it for you,