Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not impressed at all

kirisute

not impressed at all

"we'll do you proud"
your words not mine!
so far its been far from it!!
ive been a very satisfied Vodafone customer since they first offered theit home broadband service.
Since the move to Plusnet its simply been awful!
first up the day of the "service" transfer came and went and it was cocked up! i should have taken that as a hint methinks!
speed issues and almost daily router drop outs since the change; ive changed all internal filters and cabling!
now its finally been tracked down to a BT line fault....support ID 55105824
it was raised 21 days ago!! thats 21 days of virtually no internet, if there is internet its abysmally slow or only lasts 30 mins before a reconnect; no working phone, because the line fault is causing noise, as well as lack of ringer and also lack of answer phone. Ive even been out and bought a new phone system to ensure everything is as good as it might be once/if/ever the problem is resolved!
Then..THEN customer support sends me a nice SMS telling me that they tried to call BT and the department you needed was closed!!!!
NO S**T?Huh
i could have told you if you try to phone BT techs after 5pm they will be closed!! so my ticket is on hold again til today at 7am!! (its been on hold since the 15th anyway) and guess what??? nothing from your so called "support"
i cant even presume to blame BT all the way for it either....historically with Vodafone the phone pole outside the house has been, in its time, struck by lightning twice and blown up by a JCB on fire!! Both times it was less time than this to get it fixed and up and running!!
so come on...show me some of that "customer satisfaction" your so proud of spewing forth about! because so far its severely lacking in your service!!
someone needs to get onto this case...get me information about a resolution and if BT needs a kick in the pants then i suggest you do that as well!!
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: not impressed at all

I'm sorry to see this is taking a while to resolve.
I can see from the off that the updates we've given you could have been a lot more detailed and have explained this much better. It's clear to me some of the terms we've used to describe BT's updates would make sense to us but not necessarily to a customer so apologies for that.
As it stands the fault that is stopping the line from working is part of a larger issue in your area that is affecting others too. In order to fix it BT need to dig up and repair some underground cables, just to make sure you're aware this has a number of knock on effects which (without trying to justify all the delays here) does take time. In your case the cables in question are under a road which means before this can be excavated a survey needs to be done by BT to amongst other things asses the equipment needed and arrange for temporary traffic lights to re-route traffic before a schedule can be drawn up.
I know this doesn't leave you any closer to having a working line but I hope it explains the scale of the issue. From here I'll take ownership of chasing for updates and keeping you up to date of developments, I'll also lean on BT as hard as I can to escalate this issue and see how fast we can get things moving.
THEN customer support sends me a nice SMS telling me that they tried to call BT and the department you needed was closed!!!!

FYI some BT departments that we can contact as an ISP have different opening hours so in some cases we can call in the evening, I totally agree this was a pointless update IMHO so I will give feedback on that and some of the less informative responses we've given you so far.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kirisute

cheers Adam;
sorry for sounding off a bit there..you know what its like when you get behind a keyboard with a stress on!  Roll_eyes
anyway thanks for taking the time to check things and get back to me.
much appreciated.
sometimes all it takes is that little personal touch you know?
(im a pro IT techie btw; so im used to spending my days trying to resolve broadband issues for joe public as well as get their pc's running again.....ah the joy of these infernal systems!!)
anyway nice avatar you have there...i do a bit of digital colouring on comic artwork if your ever interested in taking a look ill link to my gallery.
kdoug007
Grafter

sorry to hear your  problems..  i have  to admit , i  was  with BT &  yesterday  went  live   with plus net.
the  service  has been  outstanding  and  the  speed  is  awesome...
i wish  i  could  have a  moane!  but  i cant!!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi kirisute,
No problem and no need to apologise I perfectly understand your frustrations I'll be chasing this up for you and keeping you updated as often as possible.
i do a bit of digital colouring on comic artwork if your ever interested in taking a look ill link to my gallery.

Cheers, yes I am interested, point me to it please, a good friend of mine here in Sheffield is a comic book illustrator, he's done some cover work for a my band and has done some work for 2000AD in the past: http://woolly76.deviantart.com/gallery/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kirisute

cheers!
nice gallery he has there!
this is mine:
http://kirisute.deviantart.com/gallery/
im no pro but im pleased with much of the stuff i produce...i do it all just for fun
the digital colouring i only started a year or so ago and just do it to keep up my photoshop skills.
warning...some of it NSFW so be careful
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'll let him know! I'm egging him on with new ideas all the time as I love his work and the sense of humour that goes into what can sometimes be an artform that's far too serious for it's own good. Some very nice stuff on your page too there.
Re the fault and without this wanting to come across as sounding disappointing, we will need to wait until Monday for the next full update with regards to the planning work, following that I will be able to escalate this for you.
I did pick up on the ticket that you have an elderly relative staying with you who relies on the phone service heavily so we'll do our utmost to get your line back up and running.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm just letting you know that I'm still working on putting pressure on the relevant BT departments to push this further forward, I'll give you a call with a more detailed update tomorrow.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team