cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not another filter question!!!

krs181067
Grafter

not another filter question!!!

I've just had disconnection problems for the last 10days.
normally my plusnet connection  is slow but at least reliable. I contacted plusnet, they asked the normal questions, filter checks, router/modem checks, main socket etc etc etc......
after 2x48hr test I got a text to contact plusnet and  I duly did. They told me to use my test socket, he oh, connection works!! I asked the CS agent why nobody had asked me to check the test socket before, if they had suggested this before I would not have been disconnected for ten days(on/off).
please, please, please  in addition to the filter, modem questions ask customers to use their test socket as well! it appears that the extension can cause interference even when not in use.
kelvyn
4 REPLIES 4
scootie
Grafter

Re: not another filter question!!!

if you had been able to get to the forums to ask for help it would of been one of the first things that members would have asked you to do Wink
krs181067
Grafter

its a shame it wasn't the first thing the plusnet customer services team  suggested.
Never mind!
At first I was cynical because it coincided with me dropping to the value package £14.67 to £5.99 per month is a big saving. But I was reassured that that wasn't the reason, but I must admit the problems I encountered came almost exactly the same time.
I live 7 miles away from the exchange and at best i can only get 1meg, so I assumed that I was getting contention issues........we'll see
kel
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The CS agent should have advised that as one of the first things. What were you told when you asked why you hadn't been advised earlier? There is a difference between the "main" socket and the "test" socket if you have extension wiring. Do you know which call centre took your first call? If you post the ticket number here, a Comms rep can have a look and see if some education of an agent is needed!
Did you resolve the presumed wiring problem?
krs181067
Grafter

I spoke with the Sheffield at least 3 times, I had at least 6 calls to centres in total.
The first time the test Socket was mentioned was yesterday by James, I had spoken to James at least once before and another CS advisor called Chris.
I suggested to James that some reeducation of staff may be required and he said he would pass the comments on.
All discussions up to yesterday referred to filters, modems, routers and internal wiring. In fairness I assumed that if  I connected to the master socket the hard wired BT extension would not interfere, the fact that I had a hard wired extension did not prompt the test socket question.
Problem sorted now. I've disconnected the extension at the master socket and I'm connected to Broadband.
kel