cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no e mail or web mail since connecting friday

gq4yjs
Grafter

no e mail or web mail since connecting friday

Dear group.....got connected to Plusnet Friday....but unable to log into e mail or web mail....after 4 days of being passed from department to department....it is now a fault specific to my connection but to date no body seems to be interested in attending to the fault...NOT EVEN AN UP DATE...
I sincerley hope this is not an example of how plus net treat customers....Please a member of the network team update me on what is going on.
Barrie Parsons.
jim:blue personal information removed mod:end
32 REPLIES 32
James
Grafter

Re: no e mail or web mail since connecting friday

Hi,
I'm sorry about the delay.
I've asked one of our managers in the Networks Team to ensure that your ticket is picked up shortly.
Santiago
Grafter

Mr Parsons, welcome to the forums.
As this is a public forum, may I suggest you remove the personal details (Email address and phone numbers) from your post.
gq4yjs
Grafter

Dear group.....many thanks for the replies James and moderater and cheers about personal details.Barrie G4yjs
gq4yjs
Grafter

Just to update the group...it worked out to be a problem with the 'new e mail account'server....the problem was traced this morning but it will not be repaired untill 'the back end of next week'.
This means that any one new to Plus net is unable to set up their e mail account or web mail accounts...
cheers to all and thanks for the replies to date.
Barrie g4yjs.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Barrie,
Sorry to hear about that,. I've just taken a look at the problem and it seems that it's affecting customers with 'strange' tlks. Basically the file structure uses the first 2 letters of your username to create a directory, so your one would be gq, the problem is where it's trying to create new tlks that haven't been used before.
I'll see if I can find out anything else in the morning once the relevant teams are in.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gq4yjs
Grafter

Dear Chris....many thanks it does help to know that it is being looked at..instead of being left in the dark.cheers Barrie g4yjs.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Barrie,
We're chasing this at the moment and will have an update for you later on today, hopefully before lunch.
gq4yjs
Grafter

Dear alll.............was told today that the error was fixed but after setting up my e mail accounts...I consistently keep getting sent back to the log in page but my credentials are not accepted.The network team are taking the problem up again.cheers to all Barrie g4yjs.
gq4yjs
Grafter

Dear group.....I am starting to starting to ''boil''all I keep getting told is that the network team are looking into my problem...I have had 3 e mails stating it was sorted but when I go to outlook express it keeps going back to the log in page...PLEASE if any member of the network team is observing this forum please let me know what is happening....I am quite competent in computing so if I knew the problem it would help me to calm down...Thanks for the help to all.Barrie g4yjs. Embarrassed
James
Grafter

Hi Barrie,
I've asked someone in Networks to look into your ticket.
gq4yjs
Grafter

Dear group............well 14 days have arrived since I joined plus net...still no e mail or web mail...also my 8mb speed it locked steady at 465 kbps....a test router is on its way out to me to test the line...that is the only piece of good news in 2 weeks.Ref the e mail ''it is still being looked into''I realy am cheesed off now I just seem to be being shoved from department to department......If a member of the relevsant network team is reading this letter I would realy be grateful to be kept informed of what is happening .Many thanks Barrie g4yjs.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hi Barrie, I'm not technically in the Networks Team but I have just taken a look at your account and taken ownership of your email problem. Whilst I can't guarantee anything I'm going to see if we can get you mail account fixed today for you...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

gq4yjs
Grafter

Dear group as stated in my post of 3 weeks back I have 2 problems on going and was getting to the stage of believing that no one at Plus Net cared about 'their customers'....I am now stating publically that that is far from the truth..Two gentlemen a removed and Mr Bob Pullen have taken personal control of my e mail and speed issues.I am vey pleaed to state that my speed issue now seems cured thanks to link:csa removed efforts...I am now getting  6.200  mbytes speed as opposed to 540kbps that I have recieved up to now.......I also am stating that if you dont ''moan''to Plus Net it appears that B.T will keep passing the buck back to Plus Net   3 times in the past week a 'cap'on my line was supposed to be removed by B.T it was finally removed yesterday Wednesday 21 October..and now my speed appears perfect.Once again many thanks to removed and Mr Pullen..I am very grateful and am pleased to be staying with Plus Net who do now  appear to be concerned THANKS TO YOU ALL.   Barrie g4yjs. Smiley
[Moderator's note by Adie (Adiewoo) CSA names removed as per Forum Rules ]
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Plusnet is like the curates egg - good in parts.  Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."