cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer - no feedback

hercules
Grafter

new customer - no feedback

Since one week has gone by, with no feedback from PlusNet, I decided to register to the forums and see if I can get any help.
Registered on the 8th of May for phone line activation, phone line and broadband and still no progress ("checking your details").  No email, no text, no phone call.
I would really appreciate a reply from the staff members.
32 REPLIES 32
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: new customer - no feedback

Welcome to the Forums.
the staff members dont usually come on here over the weekend, but you should get a response tomorrow
pailha

Hello,
I have the same problem, I Registered on the 6th of May for phone line activation, phone line and broadband and my account is still on "checking your details".
Is there something new ? Is my registration OK ?
Thanks for a feedback
pierre_pierre
Grafter

welcome to the forums
It is quicker if you have the initial payment by credit or debit card, they have to fully check the DD details before the line is activated, then once a new line is running it takes another five working days for BT to get is finger out on the Broadband
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
Sorry about the lack of information here, I'll give the provisioning team a nudge for you.
@hercules, your appointment date for the install is the 27th in the afternoon. As soon as that's done we'll get the order for the broadband underway, that'll be another 5 working days or so.
@pailha, your appointment for install is tomorrow afternoon (18th), broadband will likewise follow on from that.
I hope that helps, and once again sorry for the lack of updates.
pailha

I don't understand why an engineer is needed.
When I call 17070, it's said that the line is ok and there is just no service attached,
they also give me a number attached to the line.
Are they any fees for the appointment ?
hercules
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
@hercules, your appointment date for the install is the 27th in the afternoon. As soon as that's done we'll get the order for the broadband underway, that'll be another 5 working days or so.

many thanks, indeed. much appreciated. in case something changes, I will be checking this thread.
cheers
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pailha,
There's no fees for the engineer but as it's a new install it's £130 - seems odd to do that if there's a working line there though. I'm investigating now for you.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, that's sorted it - should now be complete in 24 hours or so. Sorry about that, looks like the order address was picked up as flat 3337, rather than flat 3 at 337.
pailha

Thanks, the line is operational, I can call and receive call. There is just a mistake in your answer it's flat 3 number 367, but I think there is no consequence.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Beg pardon, that's my typo - the order was placed with the correct address.  Embarrassed
pailha

Hi,
I dont' understand, this morning, the order tracking is still on 'Checking your details',
and I receive a question in HELP & SUPPORT 'My Questions' :
A worklist item has been returned by the BT SPG
Notification type: Appointment Notification
Action status:
Product type: Wholesale Access Residential Single Line
Process type: New Provision
Appointments
First preference: 18/05/2010 at PM
Alternative preference: 11/05/2010 at am
Alternative preference: 12/05/2010 at am

Can you help me to understand what happens ?
Many thanks
pailha

It's OK, the question disapeared, and and receive a SMS for the activation of the line. Just the order tracking is still on 'Checking your details'.
Thanks
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The order tracker is specific to broadband installations at the moment (we're working on a home phone one), so it will say checking details until your broadband order has been confirmed.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pailha,
It's looking like your phone order has completed today, can you confirm if that's the case? Your broadband order will be placed automatically within the next 24 hours.